Job title: 1st line Support Engineer
Reporting to: Service Desk Manager
Purpose of the position
Provide world-class support for the technologies the client supplies including but not limited to user queries and assistance, administration support and 1st line support services to ensure the smooth operation of the client’s cloud contact centre service. And in so doing, play a key role in astounding our customers with excellence in service delivery.
Key responsibilities / duties
- Provide astonishing customer service by developing and maintaining a habit of delivering more than expected, demonstrating accountability through action and treating everyone with courtesy and care.
- Provide 1st line user support to customers for tickets logged and assigned on Freshdesk Ticketing System for all IMAC (Incidents, Moves, Additions, Changes).
- Ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner in order to meet defined SLA targets.
- Own and drive ticket resolution for all assigned tickets including information gathering, troubleshooting, feedback and updates to customers and Freshdesk.
- Escalation to 2nd line where required according to escalation guidelines.
- Perform basic moves/additions and change requests.
- Remain constantly up to date and fully conversant with the clients suite of technologies in order to provide world-class service to fulfil this role.
- The role will require shift work during a 9-hour day between 7am and 7pm according to the published Shift Roster. This roster may change from time to time.
- Provide 2nd line technical support both during and after standard working hours according to the published Standby Roster.
Skills, Qualifications and Work Experience required
Whilst experience and qualifications are important considerations, a candidate’s aptitude and attitude are the strongest indicators of a good fit. We are looking for optimistic, pleasant and ambitious people who want to make a difference.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a 1st line support role.
- A technical qualification such as A+ or N+ is a benefit.
- Any qualification or certification that demonstrates application to studies and achieving goals is a benefit.
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment, prioritising and multi-tasking effectively.
- Be passionate about customers and service, with a strong will to make a difference.
- Strong problem solving abilities and excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills.
- Target focused, proactive and keen to spot opportunities to refine and improve processes and service.
- Must be able to deal directly with clients in a friendly and highly confident manner demonstrating excellent internal and external customer communication skills.
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities.
- Is self-starting, analytical, results and solutions-driven.
- Calm and able to focus when in a pressure situation.