Job title: 2nd line Support Engineer
Reporting to: Service Desk Manager
Purpose of the position
Provide world-class technical support to for the technologies we supply including but not limited to new service builds, implementation, testing, troubleshooting, fault identification and resolution to ensure smooth operation of the client’s cloud contact centre service. And in so doing, play a key role in astounding our customers with excellence in service delivery.
Key responsibilities / duties
- Provide astonishing customer service by developing and maintaining a habit of delivering more than expected, demonstrating accountability through action and treating everyone with courtesy and care.
- Provide 2nd line technical support for customer issues escalated from the 1st line team, which involves ownership and resolution to closure of these issues whilst keeping the customer and ticketing system (Freshdesk) updated.
- Remain constantly up to date and fully conversant with the full clients suite of technologies in order to provide world-class service to fulfil this role.
- Ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner in order to meet defined SLA targets.
- Own and drive ticket resolution for all assigned tickets including information gathering, troubleshooting, escalation to 3rd line, feedback and updates to customers and Freshdesk.
- Continuously update Content Base so that issue resolution approach and solutions are tracked for future reference and training.
- Act as the ‘Technical Lead Engineer on all assigned New Implementations and work with assigned Project Managers to build, test and deploy new services according to documented scopes of work.
- Conduct investigations into possible issue trends and faults in order to provide permanent solutions to recurring incidents.
- Provide proactive service calls to clients as required by Client Service Manager driven through Freshdesk.
- The role will require shift work during a 9-hour day between 7am and 7pm according to the published Shift Roster. This roster may change from time to time.
- Provide 2nd line technical support both during and after standard working hours according to the published Standby Roster.
Skills, Qualifications and Work Experience required
Whilst experience and qualifications are important considerations, a candidate’s aptitude and attitude are the strongest indicators of a good fit. We are looking for optimistic, pleasant and ambitious people who want to make a difference.
- A+ Certification.
- N+ Certification.
- Microsoft Certification such as MCSA preferable.
- Applied Microsoft Vision skills.
- Full Microsoft Suite competency.
- XML scripting experience is a benefit.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a technical support role.
- Good knowledge of Contact Centre systems and configuration.
- Demonstrate expertise in all activities associated with providing end user support and problem resolution on complex and difficult IT hardware and software issues.
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment, prioritising and multi-tasking effectively.
- Be passionate about customers and service, with a strong will to make a difference.
- Strong problem solving abilities and excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills.
- Target focused, proactive and keen to spot opportunities to refine and improve processes and service.
- Must be able to deal direct with clients in a friendly and highly confident manner demonstrating excellent internal and external customer communication skills.
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities.
- Is self-starting, analytical, results and solutions-driven.
- Calm and able to focus when in a pressure situation.