Our client has an opening for a permanent position in the Information Technology sector in Johannesburg.
The candidate will be required to fulfil and uphold the company values of personalised, high quality service by finding solutions to problems that team members and users alike are experiencing. The candidate will become part of a young and dynamic team of technology enthusiasts. The candidate will be offered an opportunity to learn new products and technologies, so that they may deliver the highest level of support to client facing colleagues and service to customers.
The ideal candidate will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in general IT / Network support.
- Experience with MS SQL
- A background in software application support
- An understanding of financial concepts and bookkeeping processes or a background in working on or supporting financial systems such as Pastel, Accpac, QuickBooks, Sage, SAP, or any of the Microsoft Dynamics ERP packages.
- Experience with data manipulation using Microsoft Excel
- Experience in Report Writing
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to talk about technology in simple terms
- A logical thinker and problem solver with analytical skills
- A willingness to learn and to keep up to date with the latest technology
- Strongly self-motivated and able to organise their own day
- Ability to function well under pressure
- Ability to work independently
Experience that would be advantageous for this role include:
- General technical knowledge and aptitude.
- Familiarity with the advertising industry
Duties include the following:
- Provide telephonic, e-mail and onsite support
- Support first line staff members where further technical assistance is required
- Trouble shooting and resolving technical issues
- Onsite diagnosis of technical problems
- Interacting with development staff where solution requires their input
- Report writing