MAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB INCLUDE:
Allocating and processing payments, transfers and journals
• Ensuring that payments and transfers are processed on the transaction date for businesses.
• Ensure all head office entries are processed from the recons
Preparing of the Creditors Requisition
• Ensures creditors are paid timeously
• Keeps track of all amounts and ensures requisitions are approved and expenses are correctly allocated
Month end journals
• Ensures month end journals are processed timeously
Monthly Expense and other Schedules
• Prepares the expenses schedules, together with additional working papers
• Extracts the information and updates the schedules with correct narratives and making sure it ties up to the General Ledger
• Makes out Head Office cheques as per the requisitions received
• Ensures that the line manager signs off ensuring that the cheque requisition has the supporting documentation and the allocations are provided
• Prepares the monthly business pack for submission by the 6th.
• Roll forward of the manual profit distribution template on a bi-weekly basis.
• Input and analyse information, providing appropriate responses.
Compliance Industry Knowledge
• Calculation and capturing of profit payments on a monthly basis.
• Preparation of the IT3b certificates.
• Preparation of statements.
• Updating the fixed asset register with valid assets
• Maintaining the register and ensuring all transfers, write offs and disposals are processed
• Assist Finance staff with queries from other departments or clients.
• Assist internal & external clients timeously & efficiently.
• Assist in training other staff and providing assistance where necessary.
• Diploma/degree in finance/accounting or related studies.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience is required in a well-established firm in all general aspects of banking / reporting.
• Proficient in all areas of finance, including Journal entries, schedules, petty cash recons.
• Deadline driven
• Communication (written and verbal)
• Computer Literacy
• Follow up
• Time Management
• Planning and Organising