NB! Please submit all CV's with copies of transcripts. Thanks
About the role
The Analyst will be required to elicit requirements, scope, design, document and verify solutions built using the client's technology stack. As the Analyst forms the interface between clients and internal implementation team, extensive engagement with both external and internal stakeholders is required.
Description and responsibilities
1. Consulting, analysis and documentation
- Consulting over various channels (meetings, requirements workshops, web conferences, telephone and email) in order to elicit detailed client requirements.
- Coordination of requirements gathering and design activities with clients and the internal company implementation team.
- Designing and documenting potential solutions which utilise the clients technology platforms (requirements specifications, functional specifications, change controls etc.) including detailed process modelling diagrams, logical narratives, interface mock-ups and data set designs.
- Act as the custodian of all solution documentation, keeping all records and specifications up to date throughout the life span of each project.
2. Solution implementation support
- Brief the technical team on approved functional specifications prior to implementation; serve as the product owner/go-to person for technical staff during implementation of solutions.
- Where appropriate, implement sophisticated research surveys and data collection tools on company platforms based on the project’s data and technical requirements.
- Assist in the management of project deliverables and milestones.
- Verify that solutions meet required specifications prior to UAT. Oversee execution of appropriate test cases.
3. Ongoing solution support
- Oversee generation of appropriate training material for workshops with client stakeholders based on documented solutions.
- Coordinate generation of training data for use during training sessions.
- Manage and facilitate training sessions with our clients and internal staff.
- Support the go-live process for each project as required.
- Provide project-specific input to resolve protocol-related support queries and build capacity within client services team to reduce future support requests
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Information Systems, Engineering, Business Science, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Formal experience in process modelling, requirements documentation, specification writing and analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Strong technical fundamentals and a passion for technology
- Excellent attention to detail
- Logical and critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Honours and/or post-graduate level qualification in relevant field
- Experience working with custom software and agile project management methodologies
- Experience with statistical packages
- Experience and/or training in research methodology
- Experience in development and/or public sector (particularly academic research, M&E, health, education or agriculture)