Location: Cape Town Southern Suburbs
The successful applicant will be part of a “R&D” team, responsible for the development and modernization of Enterprise Health Information Systems Software. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Design and build of modern Web-based information systems on robust database platforms
- Development of mobile applications to supplement existing systems
- Design and build of Data warehouse/BI Applications
- Research on, and recommendation on appropriate technologies.
The technology stack to be used has not yet been finalised, and the applicant will contribute towards the final decision. Strong skills in the following technologies will be an advantage:
- Expert knowledge on HTML5, Responsive design
- XML skills –Xquery, Xpath, and XML Dom.
- Database Development skills - SQL Server, Oracle, Cache or similar
- Knowledge of data modelling tools and methodology
- Experience with Legacy systems integration – 3GL/4GL systems
- Intersystems Cache Database skills would be an advantage
- Agile methodology, development of user stories, use cases
The applicant will have to prove himself/herself as a competent programmer, with good problem-solving techniques.
Qualification and Experience:
- A completed 3 year degree with majors in Information Systems or Computer Science
- 3 - 5 years development experience in a structured programming environment
- 1 -2 years’ experience in systems analysis and data modelling
- Understanding of the Agile SDLC
The ideal candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management skills and good interpersonal skills.
The position demands the candidate to be team player, work under pressure and strict time constraints, quickly grasp complex material, have strong personal drive, be highly organised with minimum direction and a great sense of ownership, logical, accurate, detail oriented, efficient, customer centric and be accountable and operate in a dynamic environment with fluctuating demands.