Duties and responsibilities
- Architecting, developing, testing, deploying and maintaining Android mobile applications
- Perform technical root cause analysis and outline corrective action for problems and/or defects
- Create and execute designs for new functionality as part of a software project when required
- Define project delivery milestones and time frames
- Able to manage integration with devices such as
- Fingerprint reader
- Integration with transmission protocols e.g. FTP
- BSc. In Computer Science or equivalent qualification
- Must have Xamarin, Java and relevant android experience
- Extremely Advantageous would be BLOBS, Web, Desktop and Windows Mobile Applications - using C#, Asp.Net /, SQL Server 2005/08/12, Oracle 11g/12c, Web Service.
- Microsoft Certifications would be advantageous
- Intimate knowledge of developing stand-alone and interactive apps
- Knowledge of database access – both local databases and remote databases (e.g. SQL Server and Oracle), including database BLOBS
- Knowledge of device security is crucial
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Utilisation of software tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process
- Understanding of the full SDLC
- Disciplined approach to code maintenance
- 4 - 6 Years’ Experience
- Prepared to take ownership and multi-task across numerous work streams.
- Willingness and ability to work under pressure
- Team Player and Solution orientated
- May need to take on the role of technical team lead and people team lead
- Ability to work within a technical team comprised of internal and external resources.
- Works collaboratively and professionally with cross functional teams to achieve goals.
- Provide customer services in line with quality and performance standards.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability.
- Professional and effective communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to manage staff and development deliverables.
This position is based in Centurion.
Ad hoc travel into Africa may be a requirement.
The position reports into the Senior Dev Manager / Team Lead
Salary is negotiable based on experience