As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. The Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
To manage client portfolios, maintain sound client relationships and manage the audit team, including the coaching and development of staff in the Assurance division.
Relevant professional qualification: CA (SA)
Competencies / Skills :
- Specialist industry knowledge
- IFRS experience
- Display sound leadership skills
- Computer literate with all company software
- The ability to market our services and to establish contacts in the market place
- Ability to work with and easily converse with all levels of management
- Strong Intellectual curiosity and general scepticism
- Pro-active, able to take responsibility and multi-task
- Ability to work both as part of a team as well as independently
- Good organisational skills, methodical and analytical approach
- Able to prioritise work, work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Maintains high level of professionalism
- Solution driven
- Manage a portfolio of clients in respect of attest
- Manage special projects
- Develop our practice by targeting new clients
- Risk management
- Monitors costs against budgets
- Contribute to office management team
- Contribute to development of staff
- Business development and client relationship building
- Manage Work In Progress and Debtors
- Staff management and appraisals
- Report writing
- Compliance with company audit Methodology
- Must be a SAICA Assessor, or willing to be registered as one if not already.
- Must be registered on the IRBA programme Audit Development Programme (ADP) as a Registered Candidate Auditor (RCA) and eligibility to register as a RA, or willing to be registered as one if not already.