As a Backend Developer you design, develop, test and document advanced e-commerce solutions for our clients. You are working with development of both client-specific and generic modules for Magento and system integrations between Magento and various ERP systems. You also participate in the development of our own tools and frameworks designed to effectively maintain a large number of customer installations. Our work environment is Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP7. Our continuous deployment platform is built with Python.
The product you will be working with is the most exciting in the field for those looking to work with professional e-commerce solutions. Magento offers a comprehensive list of functionality out of the box which provides us the opportunity to focus on developing cutting-edge features and improvements.
- Plan, Develop, Test and Document advanced ecommerce solutions for our clients
- Develop customer specific and generic Magento modules
- Develop integrations between Magento and 3rd Party Products
- Improve our own continuous deployment platform which supports a large number of our clients
- Regularly attend internal training courses to maintain required skill set
- Develop solid solutions that are generic and reusable
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years of experience coding and maintaining web applications
- Experience with Magento (experience with Magento2 is an advantage)
- Excellent object-oriented development skills Solid experience interacting with MySQL database systems through an abstraction layer in addition to the ability to write raw SQL queries
- Experience in database schema architecture
- Solid experience using PHP to create and consume web services (SOAP, XML-RPC)
- Experience using Linux command line
- Experience with webserver (nginx, apache) maintenance
- Experience using debugger tools such as xDebug or Zend Debugger
- Experience working with the Mercurial version control system
- Experience with PHPUnit
- Experience with Varnish
The following experience would be advantageous
- Deep expertise and experience in developing e-commerce solutions on the Magento platform.
- Agile experience