|Job Title:||BI Developer|
|Job Published:||April 20, 2017 11:25|
Intelligence Team in our Cape Town office.
Summary of the position
The BI Developer will augment an existing team to enable it to enhance an existing service offering. The successful
candidate will be responsible for developing a portion of the enhancements, as well as assisting in the maintenance of the existing
offering. This includes the load processes into the data warehouse and the various report outputs using Microsoft SQL
Server and Reporting Services.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
The BI Developer will be expected to:
• Develop Business Intelligence and Reporting solutions for both internal use and external use by our clients utilizing Microsoft SQL Server, Analysis Services and Reporting Services
• Maintain existing reports and optimize queries where applicable (performance tuning)
• Ensure that development standards and processes are adhered to.
• Interact with internal and external clients on a daily basis to ensure that reports are produced within the agreed SLA’s and client
queries are answered.
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate will have:
• A degree or diploma (3 years) with majors Commerce or Information Systems will be a strong advantage
• A good working knowledge of IT systems in a corporate enviroment.
• At least 3 years of Sql Server of general development experience, with stong T/SQL skills including building complex stored procedures, functions and views etc.
• At least one years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, or several years’ experience developing reports using alternatively reporting tools.
• Experience with Data Warehousing and Data Marts will be an advantage.
• Understanding and/or experience with ETL systems such as SSIS would be an advantage.
• Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
• Solid time management and communication skills essential.
• High personal integrity
• Strong numeracy/mathematical skills
• Asset Management industry experience will be an advantage.
The BI Developer will report to the Business Intelligence Team Lead