Responsible for creating, maintaining and implementing warehousing and business intelligence applications and databases.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: SQL Server, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Business Intelligence Developer Microsoft Certified Database Administrator
- Minimum five years related experience plus three years’ experience developing and implementing business intelligence systems
- Minimum five years’ experience working with data warehouses, using Microsoft SQL
- Minimum three years’ experience working with business intelligence tools within the Microsoft BI stack for Data Modelling, ETL, Reporting, Analysis, Visualisations, Dashboards.
- Experience with scripting technologies and data driven applications
- Experience with digitalisation of BI, including data streams, Azure data lakes, Power BI
- Experience using object oriented scripting in SSIS using C# and .Net libraries or development experience.
COMPETENCIES - SKILLS
- Sound knowledge of and understanding of the elements involved in Information Technology, application thereof and the implementation with the company
- Legislation and governance: sound knowledge of the Communications Act, ISO Standards, Disaster recovery etc.
- Property experience an advantage
- Financial principles
Languages & programming
|C# or VB.NET||SQL Server 2012 or Higher|
|Visual Studio 2013/2015||SSAS, SSIS, SSRS|
|XSL formatting objects|
|Web Servers & Frameworks||Windows 2008/2012 Server|
|SharePoint 2010/2013/2016||Design patterns|
|Algorithms & data structures|
|Other Business Software||GUI & dialog design and layout|
|Team Foundation Server||Development process|
|Prepare user requirements documents|
|Networks/Security||Design user interface incl. mock-ups|
|Network security/firewalls||Prepare technical design docs & diagrams|
|File sys/Services/Registry permissions||Code review: Review other's code|
|Active Dir/DNS/domain management||Change Management|
- Self-starter with detail orientation; persistence and ability to work independently to drive execution
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Effective listening and communication skills and ability to provide essential information to stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex business concepts in technical terms
- Ability to gain system-wide perspective in order to develop and implement new processes from disparate data sources.
CORE OUTPUTS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop BI solution cube requirements for Data Warehouse team in support of reporting and BI analytics
- Identify data sources to extract business information for reporting purposes. Coordinate with Data Warehouse team for implementation into warehouse
- Investigate available data, identify and recommend best sources for building reports
- Develop dashboard reports from relational database
- Assist business users with self-service report development
- Assist with the implementation of performance scorecard and metric management to business users
- Coordinate with the data warehouse team on additional data marts to support dashboard reporting, including coordination of data validation with business users
- Mentor/Train others in business intelligence-relates skills
- Perform business analysis and write design documents
- Design, code, test, and document all new or modified BI systems, applications, and programs
- Produce artefacts and perform tasks as required in the SDLC such as technical plans, change documents, diagrams, code reviews.
- Develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports, and report definitions
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.