Business Analysts possess a clear understanding of asset management administration, trading and portfolio management processes implemented within the business. They need to understand administration systems and how they overlap with the processes implemented in the business. They demonstrate a general understanding of IT architecture and infrastructure for investment data warehousing related products.
The Business Analyst provides advanced technical and business support to users, typically achieving a high first-call resolution rate. They exhibit a high degree of accuracy and proficiency in problem identification and diagnosis for most working scenarios, including those that present a moderate degree of complexity. They recreate issues and liaise with the technical team to resolve desktop and server-based issues.
The Business Analyst recognizes the customer-base impact and severity of an issue (e.g. isolated vs. connectivity vs global issue). They use independent judgment for problem escalation on more complex issues or situations.
Key Result Areas
- Primary interface to investment professional and the development and maintenance of proprietary business applications
- Provides detailed advice and guidance to all users in the effective use of the investment data warehousing system; demonstrates ingenuity in applying knowledge to non-standard situations.
- Develop Business requirement specifications
- Liaise with the business units and the rest of IT to develop functional specifications
- Develop technical specifications for projects
- Test plans and test packs
- Document existing business processes and develop and document new business processes
- Keep users informed of progress through effective communication
- Work on multiple projects at the same time
- Within a broad area of competence, investigates issues and other requests for support to critically determine the root cause and propose appropriate actions to take.
- A graduate with majors in Information Systems or Computer Science
- At least 2 years’ experience in a business analysis function
- At least 2 years’ experience in Asset Management industry or in the related financial services industry
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in technical problem solving using Microsoft’s BI stack
- Financial markets knowledge (preferable)
- Business Process Analysis & Design (preferable)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have high standards of professional behavior in dealings with clients, colleagues and staff.
- Strong inter-personal skills, especially in dealing with individuals at all levels of the organization, across various regions/counties and of contacts of all types and at all levels.
- Able to work under shift pattern if required.
- Experience in Financial services business analysis and software development
- Experience in T-SQL and SQL 2017 (or older)
- Experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (Integration, Analysis and Reporting Services)
- Experience in Data Modeling (Metadata, Content, Taxonomy, Navigation, ERDs)
- Experience in VBA development and windows scripting would be advantageous
- Adaptability – adjusting effectively to work within new work structures
- Decision Making – Ability to make balanced and sound recommendations and decisions
- Gaining Commitment – Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans
- Initiating action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives, being proactive
- Ownership – Assuming responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of tasks
- Team Orientation – Willingness to work with others in a team environment
- Thinking skills – Ability to perceive, interpret and translate information in order to competently perform processes and tasks at various levels of complexity