|Job Title||Business and Product Development Analyst|
|Department||Business and Product Development|
|Type of employment||Permanent|
|Part time / Full time||Full time|
|Overview||Overall purpose of the job:|
Responsible for the design of products and structure of new Joint Ventures (JV), from idea generation right through to implementation and final handover, from an end to end value chain perspective. The incumbent is involved in market research, then conducts a business viability study before the final product design / JV structure is finalised. Ensures that all new and existing product formulations and processes are and remain cost effective and consumer-relevant. Keeps up to date with and ensures compliance of products to relevant legislation. Keeps up to date with developments in technology and recommends product/process improvements.
• Grade 12
• Business related 3 year Degree/Diploma
• Post Graduate Qualification in Business or Similar
Competencies (skills and behavioural attributes):
• Business Development
• Attention to detail
• Deadline driven
• 1 – 2 years MS Excel at intermediate level
• 1 – 2 years Project management exposure
• 1 – 2 years Detailed Analysis
• 1 – 2 years Good knowledge of the digital space
• 1 – 2 years Financial service experience
• 1 – 2 years Business Analysis Experience
• 1 – 2 years Process Mapping Experience
• 1 – 2 years System Analysis Experience
• 1 – 2 years SQL experience
|Duties & Roles||Position Description|
• Assists in managing concepts through the complete product development lifecycle (from idea to launch).
• Evaluate and recommend new partners for the Personal Loans BU
• Business case formulation for products as well as new JV implementation
• Ensure all documentation is completed which is a core part of the product development lifecycle.
• Provide guidance and steer to development teams on critical questions relating to product
• Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical analysts, information technology analysts, consultants and other governmental organizations in the analysis, testing and maintenance systems to ensure optimal operational performance.
• Analyses the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
• Tracks and fully documents business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
• Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
• Conducts change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and documents business rules.
• Define product strategies to enhance market coverage through refined segmentation and client needs profiling.
• Co-create with the relevant micro marketing strategies and plan by collaborating with external and internal business partners.
• Define product vision and roadmap, which identifies the most effective route to deliver product.
• Meticulously plan and manage product delivery
• Define and facilitate acceptance criteria of the product
• Deliver products within the agreed timeframes on a consistent basis
• Ensure that all delivered products are of a high quality through vetting against the business requirements and ongoing engagement with Systems development
• Analyses UAT result and processes to ensure accurate and complete testing was conducted
• Manage internal and external stakeholders
• Create and assess reports
• Support BI and MIS in reporting / defining reports
• Provide feedback on analysis to requester
• Handle ad hoc queries with respect to products that have been developed
Business and Product Development Analyst
|Job Title:||Business and Product Development Analyst|
|Job Published:||August 15, 2017 07:12|
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's