System Analysis and Design:
- Determine report requirements; You will need to be pro-active as you will be supporting marketers and they don’t always know what they want…
- Design reporting interfaces and templates; to help the teams make sense of the data
- Automating and standardising reports. – to empower the teams
- Perform testing to ensure information meets the requirements and accurately reflects the data of the source system;
- Ensure the output data is accurate; and a glossary of definitions that is accepted and understood company wide
- Liaise with applicable people to ensure source data discrepancies are rectified.
- Ensure accuracy of extracted data prior to sending the results out;
- Provide reports as requested by management and teams, including interpretation of the data, insights and make recommendations for action. It is therefore important that this individual is a fast learner and has an interest in business.
- Give day-to-day support and training to internal clients on: data definitions on extracted data and for newbies, how to manipulate reports, and what they mean
- Perform tests to ensure the warehouse and source system data remains aligned;
- Monitor system performance and exceptions;
- Attend to technical problems experienced on reporting systems.
- Ensure system documentation is in place;
- Manage all aspects of scheduled reporting;
- Administer security on reporting system
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical internal clients so as to offer creative, workable and innovative solutions relating to reporting.
- Ability to gather and synthesise large volumes of information from varying sources.
- Ability to conceptualise, design and develop multiple system/requests in a concise manner.
- Ability to resolve technical problems in a systematic manner.
- Be proficient in office administration and relevant computer software packages e.g. Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SQL Server and Business Objects.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills as well as the ability to multi-task.
- Proven team player, professional, flexible and friendly.
- Possess well developed interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to negotiate.
- The ability to work and cope under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to display initiative.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Relevant Degree (Commerce/Information Systems/Computer Science).
- Up to 5 years' experience in a similar role – if you have more, even better
- Knowledge of data warehouse design techniques and strong data manipulation and extracting skills.
- Strong mathematical/statistical abilities with experience with trend analysis, forecasting etc.
- Proficient in SQL (PostgreSQL and MySQL preferred, including stored procs, PL/SQL, ETL etc)
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Attention to detail, detail, detail…
team player, professional and flexible.
Possess well-developed interpersonal and communication and negotiation skills.
The ability to work and cope under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
Strong analytical skills.
Curios mind with a passion for answering ‘why’ questions.
Strong administrative and organisational skills as well as the ability to multi-task