VACANCY: BUSINESS PROCESS IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST
MUST HAVE INSURANCE AND CLAIMS EXPERIENCE
Applications are invited for the vacant position of Business Process Improvement Specialist within the Claims Management Department.
Core purpose of the Job:
The Business Process Improvement Specialist is the driving force for managing improvement initiatives across teams to deliver business benefits. The specialist will direct multiple projects, assist in development of staff and play a key role in influencing change within and across business units. Communication and liaison with suppliers and staff at all levels throughout the organisation to influence desired improvement outcomes is a key requirement for the role.
The specialist will be required to champion and deploy business and process improvement methodologies and toolsets across the unit, build capability through knowledge sharing and coaching; build credibility by engaging effectively with stakeholders, deploying appropriate methodologies and toolsets and create and maintain a reputation as the internal consultant of choice by senior management for any problem solving or design initiatives.
- Minimum of bachelor's level qualification in Business Management, Commerce, Economics or related fields
- Minimum 5 years’ experience using leading methodologies and processes. (e.g. Lean/Six Sigma, PMP, Prince 2, TQM, ISO or similar)
- Formal Business Improvement, Project Management or Business methodology accreditation e.g., Lean/Six Sigma Black/Green Belt, PMP or Prince2, etc.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the following (or similar) areas: Business Process Modelling, Analysis and Design, Project/Programme Management.
- Experience in managing multiple parties including Project Managers and third party vendors on high profile and innovative solutions.
- Proven leadership experience across multifunctional projects and/or across business units
- Ability to build and manage effective project teams, perform effectively within budgetary guidelines and is decisive and confident, with the ability to energize others
- Some experience working with major finance and asset systems
- High level computer literacy with the following applications – Microsoft suite, Visio, MiniTab, MS Project
- Customer Focus – proven ability in making customers the key focus for decisions about business processes
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport
- Contributing to Team Success
- Decision Making
- Work Standards
- Applied Learning
- Customer Focus
- Planning and Organising
- Customer Service Orientated
- Enthusiasm and determination to achieve objectives
- Project wide perspective
- Strong leadership qualities
Main Functions and Responsibility:
- Lead process improvement initiatives across Business Units, and in conjunction with Business Managers, to deliver efficiencies and benefits to internal and external customers
- Present findings and recommendations with confidence and communicating these to sponsors
- and key stakeholders
- Challenge stakeholders to maximise opportunities from process improvement initiatives
- Promote and develop a continuous improvement culture across the business
- Champion the need and benefit by utilising a structured approach to business process improvement.
- Identify improvement opportunities and manage improvement requests from the business
- Coach and support project team members in use of tools and methodologies
- Document and monitor business processes, business rules, metrics and standard operating procedures as a result of improvement initiatives.
- Deliver process improvement training to staff
- Facilitate and provide specialist process improvement advice to business units via targeted workshops to identify and resolve specific issues that are critically impacting business outcomes and require urgent resolution
As an employee of the company you are required to:
- Respond to the changing needs of the company, performing other tasks as reasonably required.
- Maintain a strict sense of professional ethics, maintaining confidentiality and privacy and abiding by Company Policy.