Business Programme Manager
Key focus of the role:
This role is responsible for ensuring successful delivery of several projects and initiatives within the programme management governance and within the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost. This role is accountable for achieving results through other managers and their teams.
- Manages delivery of multiple projects or strategic Programmes on time, within budget and to the quality and specifications agreed with clients
- Ensures projects are resourced appropriately
- Managing vendors, suppliers and staff from multiple areas within and outside the organization
- Provide coaching and guidance to the team members and junior project managers
- Change and communication management
- Reports on Programme status
- Ensures business cases and plans are to standard
- Ensures targets are clear and deliverables well-structured and understood
- Ensures that IT, infrastructure, process and organisation elements of a project are addressed and integrated
- Identify dependencies and inter-dependencies between projects/Programmes
- Translating strategy to action and execution
- Liaising and managing vendors and their service delivery
Role Description & Key Result Areas:Key Result Areas:
- Ensures that the Programme governance procedures and project management structures are in place, and the correct work streams are identified.
- Effectively manages finances, and ensures projects are resources effectively
- Ensure dependencies clearly articulated, understood and realistically manageable
- Reporting and delivery standards in place
- Delivers to specified requirements and meets customer expectations
- Manages deviations from the project plan
- Identifies, manages and reports on project and Programme risks, and putting mitigation plans in place
- Escalates decisions and unresolved issues
- Guides and directs staff to achieve operational excellence standards.
- Plans and assigns work over the applicable period.
- Accountable for others time, task and output quality.
- Balances own priorities with directing and motivating others.
- Creates a climate for optimal performance.
- Individually accountable for service delivery through efforts of a professional team, for periods of up to 1 year.
- Ensures relevant benefit realization measurement tools are in place.
- Ongoing management of impacts of scope to short and long term benefits.
- Works with business owner to quantify project benefits in a way that will enable objective evaluation of projects against company objectives and thereby aid project approval decision-making.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering/Finance/Business (Degree), coupled with a professional Project Management certification
- MSP accreditation (advantageous)
- Experience in Agile Delivery methodology (advantageous)
- Minimum of 8 years of demonstrated, effective project management experience.
- Proven track record (at least 5 years) of managing multiple, complex projects successfully.
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- High degree of business acumen and agility to ramp quickly across the business.
- Proactive problem-solver.
- Collaboration (relating)
- Customer First
- Innovation (perspective)
- Leading with Influence
- Personal Mastery (Learning)