Purpose of the role: Responsible for the design and development of new Front-End applications according to specifications. The focus would be on Front-End desktop applications however if they have experience with Web applications and Desktop applications that is also good.
• Develop detailed technical specifications from functional descriptions (design)
• Develop systems from technical specifications as provided by Architects
• Deliver development within agreed timelines
• Perform unit testing from a pre-defined test plan
- Update/amend test plans according to solution development to ensure coverage of all areas
- Provide testing assistance to developer(s)
• Provide production support to production systems (stand-by)
• Conduct investigations and solve system issues
• Prepare production deployment packages
• Ensure successful implementation
• Provide coaching and mentoring to Programmers and Developers
• Act as Team Leader for projects
• Participation and proactive problem-solving to meet team objectives
Qualifications & Experience: Grade 12 + a relevant tertiary qualification (degree / diploma) in IT with 3-5 years’ proven experience in software development. This role is focused on C# so candidates would need extensive C# development experience within the .Net Framework.
We don’t use PHP or Python. We are looking for candidates who have experience with the following technologies specifically: (the ones in red are ideal)
|SQL 2005 and higher|
|Implementation of MVVM or MVC design patterns|
|WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation)|
|WCF (Windows Communication Foundation)|
|OO Development Methodologies|
|An understanding of SOA.|
Budget: R25k – R35k CTC pm (Developer) | R35k-R44k CTC pm (Analyst Developer). This is always a difficult one for us.
Location: Our head office is based in Stellenbosch. Candidates need to be comfortable to either travel to Stellenbosch or relocate if needed.
Information Required: When submitting a candidate for consideration, please complete the details within the attached document “Agency Submission Sheet”.
A bit of info on team: The environment is growing a lot. It is very dynamic and fast paced, we are fully agile and the teams get exposure to a lot of new technologies.
Expected Submission: When do you think you would have capacity to submit candidates to me? Before submitting candidates could you please inform me of the candidates name to ensure that we do not duplicate efforts as we have considered quite a substantial portion of the market.