- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting internal and client relationships
- Be the single liaison between the B2B clients and the development team
- Have a deep understanding of operational requirements and processes and follow these in your day to day workings
- Assist the clients with their requirements
- Manage and oversee all client support calls and escalations.
- Assist the Help Desk with prioritising all customer requests – this includes new features requests and operational support
- Use initiative and client feedback to innovate processes to ensure improved efficiencies and best customer service delivery
- Assist to create software release documentation and communicate the release of software updates, fixes and new features to the clients
- Assist the Help Desk to manage incoming requests
- Prioritise incoming requests from clients through an understanding of client's current business priorities by liaison with the clients and working with internal project managers
- Manage the client’s expectations with regards to the resolution of issues and the delivery of fixes or features by working with the development house project managers, help desk and the clients
- Ensure service level agreements are adhered to
- Provides communication channels between the client and the development team
- Set up and manage the required meetings between the development team and the clients in order to resolve technical issues or gather business requirements
- Manages the relationship between the development house and the client, seeking to enhance the relationship and improve efficiency.
- Provide reports on the services and service levels provided to the clients
- Ensure 24 hour availability, 7 days a week, for all client interaction, support and escalation.
Experience and skills
- Proven service/account management experience with proven influencing capabilities
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- The ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines
- The ability to make sound, timely decisions using their understanding of the relationship and the business priorities of the client
- Experience working in a software development environment a big advantage
- A level understanding of software systems a big advantage
- Experience in the e-commerce world is a big advantage
- Must have experience using spreadsheets, preparing documentation and presentation skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately on an independent basis; giving great attention to detail and displaying the initiative to quickly identify and resolve variances, failures and discrepancies.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data
Experience: Minimum of 3 years account manager experience in the e-commerce industry
Qualifications: A business, marketing or related degree or diploma