Commercial Corporate Counsel
|Job Title:||Commercial Corporate Counsel|
|Job Published:||February 09, 2017 07:10|
• Provide commercial, contractual and legal advice and direction to negotiate and deliver profitable and commercially effective contracts with the company's customers, partners, distributors, and key suppliers.
• Develop commercial strategies with the management of business units/sectors, providing support to the product lines, and monitoring risks.
• Provide in-house assistance to MNO and FSP teams
• Provide general legal assistance and support to management
• Review, analyse draft legal agreements as appropriate (MNO agreements, FSP agreements, loan agreements, MOUs, NDAs, shareholder documents, employment agreements etc.)
• Advise and negotiate legal agreements with counterparties
• Developing master internal agreements as required (MNO / FSP / marketplace)
• Deal with external counsel
• Provide support to the company's business by providing local advice in respect of global deals, strategy and product and proposition roll-outs.
• Provide leadership in the development of best practice for commercial transactions, including negotiation strategy, risk management, precedents, templates, training material and know-how.
• Anticipate legal developments relevant to the business, and providing advice on their impact.
Skills and Competencies
• LLB degree and Admission as Attorney
• At least 15 years’ post-qualification experience, ideally with experience from a top tier law firm or strong in-house environment
• Demonstrable experience in operating in a cross-border environment
• Financial services experience / telecoms experience is desirable
Personal aptitude & skills
• Commercially minded, driven and able to advise on a broad range of legal matters and drive the business forward
• A sound knowledge and understanding of global markets and legal system
• Strong, resilient, independent work ethic in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Communication and relationship management: Establish strong working relationship with peers and stakeholders to manage administrative processes.
• Communicates concisely and clearly in oral and written forms.
• Attention to detail, problem-solving
• Highly flexible, adaptable, and able to manage pressure in a constantly changing environment
• Ability to work in an open-plan office environment
• Willingness to learn, openness to new challenges
• Team-player, friendly, able to manage diversity within the team
• Meticulous, impeccable level of attention to detail
• Ability to initiate projects and tasks
• High level of integrity, trustworthiness and loyalty
• High proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint