We are looking for a junior-level Credit Controller to support our Finance Department. As a Credit Controller, you will be reporting to the Financial Manager. The prospective candidate needs to be a quick learner, possess drive to succeed, take pride in their work, and be able to work without constant supervision. This position is a perfect opportunity for anyone starting their career in finance and looking for that stability and growth with an awesome company.
Your main responsibilities (which are subject to the provision that they may be altered by the employer from time to time), are:
- Telephonic liaison with clients regarding outstanding debt.
- Allocating amounts to debtors accounts from bank statements and ensure accounts always up to date.
- Ensuring client details are always up to date.
- Accurately prepare various administrative documents including: credit note requests, transfer of funds, client refunds requests, master data amendments, etc. (electronically and/or written); Ensure that all offsetting of receipts & credit notes/debit notes is accurately processed on a daily basis.
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions.
- Follow up on, and receive payment of, invoices owing beyond terms, starting with the oldest outstanding.
- Must have at least 1 year’s experience dealing with Collection Agencies.
- Matric (Financial Diploma will be advantageous)
- PC Literacy (MS Word, Excel)
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential