Are you looking to develop your career in one of the world’s largest Research Organisations?
The role sits within the Audience Measurement Service Line. The AMSL runs large scale continuous audience measurement surveys. We are a team of 40+ and have expertise across all media industries.
This role is a central role in the day-to-day work of our specialised audience measurement data science team. Working in this role, you would be maintaining production systems for our audience measurement contracts – which involves working with the senior stakeholders to detect new modelling solutions and data improvements that need to be implemented. You will be using machine learning techniques to improve lookalike models in our production systems or to calibrate the datasets to external sources. You will also be working on analytics work for our exciting projects in media development for some of the top media organisations in the UK.
What you’ll be doing:
- A research expert and a go to internal as well as external resource for advice, guidance and knowledge on key sector related issues
- Data manipulation and data processing in R, Python, SQL and Google Cloud Platform
- Application and development of machine learning models with senior data scientist guidance
- Working with Bayesian techniques and probability modelling to align datasets to external sources
- Quality control and quality assurance of team data production capabilities
- Working with the core Audience Measurement Data Science team on all industry measurement contracts we run (Route, Rajar, PAMCo, BBC Compass and other).
- Work on a variety of ad-hoc projects run through the Media Development service line.
- Engaging with stakeholders across the business (internal and external).
- Working closely with Senior Data Science personnel in producing internal deliverables.
- Advise the research team on how to use the data or analysis.
- Managing good professional relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
What do I need to bring with me:
- Previous experience in similar roles in a data science team
- Bachelors or Masters in Economy, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar mathematically oriented discipline OR specialisation/qualification in Data Science/Data analysis (such as Level 4 Data Analyst qualification or equivalent) OR a degree in a research discipline (e.g. Sociology, Psychology) and a high degree of analytical or computer science skills
- Ability to deliver results, meet deadlines and manage your time effectively
- Ability to find creative and innovative solutions for complex and varied problems
- High level knowledge of data wrangling/manipulation techniques in R or Python
- Good experience in working with database systems and SQL syntax
- Experience with machine learning and predictive models in R OR Pandas (one is a must)
- Experience with running segmentations of respondent or customer data is a plus
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Good written, oral and electronic communication skills