|Job Title:||Database Administrator|
|Job Published:||October 19, 2017 14:17|
Our client is looking for a dynamic database administrator (DBA) who will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of our databases. The person will also be involved in the planning and development of the databases as well as troubleshooting issues.
Installation, Maintenance, Upgrades, Licence, Vendor Relation:
• Installing and upgrading the database server and application tools through SDLC Environments.
• Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreement.
• Contacting database vendor for technical support.
Monitoring, Alerting, Optimizing, Capacity Planning:
• Daily database health checks (free space, performance, event logs, etc.)
• Perform database monitoring, optimizing, trend analysis and advising on long-term capacity plans.
• Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
• Establish standards, best practises, policies, and procedures for database administration and maintenance
Access, Security Management:
• Plan, control and monitor access to the database.
• Implement advanced database security features
• Audit and report on database activity to ensure integrity and performance of the database
Database Environment Transition Management:
• Establish standards, best practises, policies, and procedures for database transition management
• Change management
• Transition planning and support
• Release and deployment management
• Transition validation and testing
Continuity and Availability Management:
• Establish backup/recovery strategies.
• Establish high availability strategies.
• Implement and monitor backup/recovery and high availability solutions.
• Workload balancing, data replication and archiving.
• Creation and setup of daily, weekly and monthly management reports.
• Environment synchronization through SDLC Environments.
• Perform daily, weekly, and monthly database maintenance tasks.
• Installation and maintenance of SharePoint servers through SDLC Environments.
• Basic administration of SharePoint
• SharePoint and SQL server patching
• Prototyping and evaluation of 3rd party software.
• Installation and maintenance of 3rd party software on servers (i.e. Applications Manager - ManageEngine, ActiveBatch, Service desk, Oracle, Redgate, Idera, Jira, Confluence).
• 3rd Party application upgrades.
• Configuring and managing sites on IIS.
• Daily server health checks (free space, performance, event logs, ftp availability etc.).
• Plan, control and monitor system resources, CPU, memory, storage and planning future requirements.
• Enrolling users and maintaining system security.
Monitoring and Alerting:
• Designing, implementing and maintaining alerts and reports (adding monitors, building custom monitors, setting up reports, Alerts).
• Buy and manage all software licensing.
1. At least 6 years working experience with data in financial services
2. Extensive database development experience
3. Experience administrating databases larger than 100GB
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's