We are looking for a talented team lead with strong software engineering skills to join us in developing the best and largest e-commerce platform on the African continent.
The Retail Business Systems software engineering team is a new team that will be based in Stellenbosch. The team will focus on full stack development of services and interfaces for the Retail Business Unit. This includes price management, competitive pricing analysis, merchandising and promotions, among others.
This role is split 50/50 between software engineering and team management.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard working people to join us. We offer market related benefits, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The teams all predominantly use Python and React.js, and collaborate often, yet the business area and technological focus differs widely.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Help to build a new team
- Design and build solutions to assist our business users, and improve customer experience
- Architect and design solutions with fellow team members
- Researching how solutions are being implemented locally and internationally
- Applying creative problem solving to develop solutions
- Engage directly with stakeholders
- Deal with large quantities of data
- 3 year computer science degree (or equivalent experience)
- 5 years of commercial software development, of which at least 2 years of team lead experience
- A thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms