A busy, dynamic IT Services company in London and Cape Town requires a Support Engineer to join our friendly team with at least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role. Our team is very technical and you will have the opportunity to get involved with all aspects of IT from basic to advanced solutions.
- Provide 1st 2nd and 3rd line email, phone, and remote support to our client’s base in the UK, Europe, Asia, US, and South Africa.
- Visiting client sites to install/configure or troubleshoot and fix issues.
- Troubleshoot and fix IT hardware including PC's, laptops, printers, servers.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix most Microsoft technologies as well as other third party systems.
- Get involved with senior engineers to deliver complex projects.
- Possibility to travel abroad and work between offices for short periods.
- Be an escalation point to 1st Line engineers.
- Be willing to work flexible hours in order to provide support for clients in the UK, Europe, US and Asia.
- Experienced in Windows Server (2003/2008/2012) and Desktop operating systems (XP, Windows 7 and 8)
- Key skills: in-depth troubleshooting, build, design, implementation and migrations including AD.
- Detailed knowledge and experience MS Exchange 2003/2007/2010 and other Microsoft applications.
- Key skills: In-depth troubleshooting, build, design, implementation, and migrations.
- Experience with applications such as Office, backup software, virus, finance, console and other mainstream 3rd party applications.
- Excellent AD knowledge and experience. Must be able to demonstrate confident administration.
- Knowledge and experience in structured networks, switches, wireless, firewalls and internet routers etc.
- Firewall build and implementation advantageous
- Proven experience with various hardware platforms - HP, Dell, SonicWALL, Raid etc.
- Key skills: 2nd/3rd line troubleshooting, build, design and implementation.
- Excellent understanding of technologies such as Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IIS, VPN, GPO, Server Roles, etc.
- Mac experience advantageous.
- The aptitude and willingness to learn new software packages, systems, and solutions.
- Experience with working in multi-client environments.
- Strong organisational skills, be able to prioritise varied workloads and work to strict deadlines.
- Detail orientated self-starter and excellent time management skills.
- Excellent customer facing, communications and phone skills.
- Commercially aware.
- Enthusiastic, ability to motivate others, a positive willingness to get involved and get things done