Functional Configuration Consultant
|Job Title:||Functional Configuration Consultant|
|Job Published:||October 20, 2017 11:59|
To consult with clients on system requirements, analyse and formulate technical solutions. Takes technical ownership of the configuration, implementation, ongoing maintenance and support of the applicable system/module.
· Devise and implement innovations or methodologies that achieve efficiencies and reduce cost based on time, risk, process and re-usability of solutions.
· Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions. Maintain close relationships with key stakeholders ensuring appropriate solutions are developed, appropriate and timeous feedback is provided. Escalate challenges to relevant business owners where required.
· Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME's, project managers and senior staff members, vendors, etc. Provide sound consulting services and recommendations based on customer and client needs, current information and trends analyses.
· Analyze and interpret business requirements to formulate a solution. Estimate and execute all approved development and configuration items and ensure delivery according to business requirements documentation. Provide input and assist business to achieve efficiencies through optimized processes.
· Comply, understand and align to all steps within the System Development Life Cycle and ensure governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements.
· Compile and develop the required technical documentation with clear translation of business requirements into functional
requirements. Ensure documentation is prepared across the system development life cycle.
· Ensure adequate unit tests are performed for all configuration and development tasks and ensure results are successful. Ensure testing yields an acceptable level of performance for the changes being delivered and the applications are not adversely affected.
· Provide technical support for all requests escalated where relevant.
· Make use of appropriate resources with the required skill level to deliver within required timeframes. Provide an estimate of the resources and time required to deliver the required functionality.
· Ensure the effective coordination, development & delivery of training on the solution to internal clients, end users & relevant stakeholders.
· Participation in creation and ownership of project plans and project management to meet project target dates and milestones.
· Extract and analyse data against business rules, policy and practice. Formulate on client needs to support new/existing product development projects to derive a clear understanding of the client’s needs and requirements through provision of subject matter expertise.
· Manage own development to increase own competencies.
· Participate and collaborate across teams.
- Insurance knowledge/background preferential
- Strong Database knowledge
- Understanding of Systems Analysis and Design
Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum: Grade 12
· Preferred: Tertiary qualification in IT or Certificate in Business Analysis or Introduction to programming
· 5 years Business Analysis/Project Management experience working within an IT environment
· Understanding of System Architecture
· Extensive understanding of process mapping
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's