The Global Financial Controller is responsible for overseeing accounting functions, integrating finance operations, all tax compliance matters, execution of year-end financial audits, preparing financial reports, and ensuring organizational financial stability.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies.
- Coordinating and leading the annual audit process including liaising with external auditors and the Audit Committee of the Board.
- Ensuring compliance with financial, taxation and regulatory requirements.
- Accountable for developing and managing policies, procedures, and strategy for accounts receivable collections.
- Lead the ongoing development and establishment of global accounting strategies, policies and procedures including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Responsible for hierarchy and scalability in chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements and has ultimate authority over classification and recording of all transactions.
- Ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles across the organisation.
- Approve detailed journal entries and account analyses.
- Accountable for the global monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation.
- Interacts at all levels and with budget owners and other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient, and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting.
- Analyse financial statements variances to budget at group level and for all regions.
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices.
- Execution of strategic financial projects including implementation of ERP software.
- Updating, documenting and implementing all necessary business policies and accounting practices to improve the finance department’s efficiency and financial controls.
- Responsible for cash management, including performing international transfers, payments and maintaining lines of credit.
- Accountable for managing accounting payroll activities.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS – KPA’S
1. Monthly deadlines achieved.
2. Annual reporting deadlines achieved.
3. NetSuite Implementation completed in agreed timeframe.
4. Compliance deadlines achieved.
5. No material failures of control.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS – KPI’S
1. Management Reports issued > deadline. - 90%
2. Annual reports tabled at board meeting for sign off. - 100%
3. Blue Bridge sign off. - Per terms of reference.
4. Compliance Matrix. - 95%
5. Audit Management Report. - Zero
• Degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting, or related field required.
• CA (SA) strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of broad financial and operations experience required.
• Ability to develop and establish financial policies and procedures.
• Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Experience in systems integration and implementation
• An understanding of Legislative compliance in different countries
• Advanced English language skills.
• Exposure to cultural diversity and managing individuals remotely
• Management of all external relationships including at Board & Exco level
- Team player with highly developed interpersonal skills, who can engage with people at all levels inside and outside the company and involve and collaborate with key stakeholders.
- Analytical ability to analyse and improve current practices, performance and company processes.
- Proactive and results driven. Takes needed action to meet targets.
- Ability to think and communicate at a strategic level.
- Presence and credibility to professionally present information to top management.
- Ability to manage high performing, diverse teams.
The following post report to the job holder
• Accounting Manager
• Project Accountants
• Senior Accountants
Manage all external relationships, EXCO, Board level
Responsible for managing 8 entities in 5 different countries