We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard working people to join us. We offer market related benefits, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you're prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
As the Head of Design you will be the custodian of all visual and creative assets that relate to the brand. You will be responsible for presenting a consistent visual execution of the brand identity across all customer facing touch points. These touch points include digital platforms, channels, campaigns, owned assets (vehicles, warehouse etc) as well as print & outdoor executions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Brand custodian and responsible for the visual positioning of the brand across mediums
- Design of all key customer facing design assets on and off site.
- Ensure the design team and creative support campaigns and business objectives.
- Sign off on all treatments of our brand across all media touch points.
- External vendor management manage all design related work that is outsourced to 3rd parties.
- Design project management to ensure KPI's and deadlines for designers and Studio as a whole are met.
- Lead and coordinate design team’s efforts.
- Mentoring, developing and coaching design team
- Ensure a consistent and high quality of design output.
- Along with the traffic manager, plan and measure the overall workflow of the design team & ensure all deadlines are met.
- Manage planning and work intake including overall design project assignment process
- Manage briefs that come in from other departments and from within the marketing team and allocate working work accordingly.
- Quality control, review and sign off all the creative and design outputs
- Take responsibility for the management of tasks briefed, and drive them to completion in a timeous fashion.
- Manage cross department and agency resources where necessary to get design / creative projects implemented.
- Proactively and on an ongoing basis identify and implement design improvement opportunities
- Creative mindset - be able to craft numerous campaigns across many departments
- Solutions-oriented - have a can-do attitude and high energy
- Highly organised and efficient, with an ability to work towards and meet tight deadlines
- Capability to present ideas succinctly in creative, writing and verbally
- Versatile and with the appetite to learn by doing
- Experience with high-volume, fast paced performance creative campaigns (preferably in ecommerce)
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities
- Strong team leadership and collaboration skills
- Proven success at managing multiple projects, schedules and resources.
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organisational skills
- Expert working knowledge of Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Good working knowledge of HTML
- Showcase design portfolio of work to demonstrate experience and ability to drive the creative output.
A candidate with a proven track record of success in their academic achievements and career.
- Degree/Diploma in design or related field and or tertiary qualification in visual design
- A minimum of 3-4 years in a similar role & managing a team
- Experience in an e-commerce environment (advantageous)