We are currently looking for an Infrastructure Solutions Developer to support the business in achieving its strategic objectives.
In summary - the role is to provide development of solutions and maintain existing solutions within an extremely large, complex and global Microsoft Windows environment. Given the scale of the environment – automation is key to all solutions, as is attention to detail.
The team where this role is available is responsible for the complete computer lifecycle of this environment – solutions are hinged around this domain.
This position is based at the client (On-Site)
What we expect you to do
- Work closely with the existing team to deliver integrated solutions based on the client’s requirements
- Maintain current Computer lifecycle processes – and where feasible increase functionality.
- Maintain the environments Software Deployment Library
- Develop automated solutions for deployment based on client’s requirements
- Consult on solutions and recommendations with the client.
- Identify areas within the client’s environment that we as Dimension Data can add value.
- Evaluates each opportunity for alignment with Dimension Data’s capabilities and business policy
Technical expertise in the following domains:-
- Experience within large Microsoft Windows environments (4+ Years)
- Infrastructure Developer
- General Networking Skills (TCP/IP) (4+ Years)
- Scripting (Batch / Power shell)
- Active Directory (LDAP)
- SCCM administration
- Package / Application creation
- Virtualisation (Microsoft Hyper-V / VMWare)
- Experience with legacy systems (Domino, DOS, Windows XP, OS2), batch / command files, web services
- General Programming Logic
- Experience with distributed environments
- Problem Solver, Simplify complex issues
- Time Management Skills
- IT Operational Experience (3+ Years)
- ITIL / Change Processes
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to produce clear and succinct documents
- Excellent analytical skills with superb attention to detail and efficiency
- The capacity to abstract and structure requirements to develop a generic solution
- The ability to recognise opportunities for enhancement and continuous improvement
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work on projects and collaborate with teams to achieve success
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders