Interaction UX Designer
|Job Title:||Interaction UX Designer|
|Job Published:||June 23, 2017 10:35|
We have a big vision for Service and Experience design in South Africa and the continent, and we hope to share with you what is truly an exciting time in design; shaping the way the world is doing business and engaging with their customers.
The role of the Interaction Designer
The Interaction Designer forms a key part of our design team, and participates in activities throughout the design process - from discover, define, and design to delivering products and services - with a broad view of product and service design and a thorough understanding of complex service ecosystems. They have a deep knowledge of delivery platforms, cutting edge technology developments and the marketplace. In addition to owning the interaction design aspect of projects and pitches, they have an appreciation of visual design and can articulate the finer aesthetics of design.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Organise, facilitate and participate in brainstorms or user-focused offerings.
• Provide interaction solutions and prototypes focusing on design and concepting across channels such as mobile, web, PC applications and interactive TV.
• Responsible for the preparation and crafting of presentations for conferences, events and workshops.
• Provide and receive ‘critical’ feedback (critique), and participate in feedback conversations.
• Work on projects from concept and sketching to final design and asset creation.
• Work with high profile brands and within tight brand guidelines and timescales.
• Responsible for the creation and delivery of brand guidelines and specifications.
• Actively develop the Experience Design knowledge base.
• Perform research and provide critical analysis on relevant topics.
• Ensure continued professional development in personal area of specialism.
• Gain, develop and maintain a high-level knowledge of all the capabilities and skill sets within our division and participate in knowledge sharing activities.
Client & Project facing:
• Participate in and contribute to Post Project Reviews.
• Willing to be flexible and open to trying new and innovative approaches and solutions.
• Play an active role in client meetings.
• Continually strive to exceed client expectations.
• Manage workstreams directly with clients.
• Proactively identify business opportunities.
• Effectively build and maintain relationships across disciplines.
• Actively share knowledge and experience.
• Offer project support and assistance to the Interaction Design Lead.
• Offer guidance, support and direction to Interaction Designers.
• Assist in raising the profile of our division, working closely with the Design Leads and Marketing department.
Knowledge, experience and technical skills:
• Actively keep up to date with technological advances.
• The ability to articulate the story to clients.
• A good understanding of device/ecosystem platforms.
• Experience designing for mobile.
• Proficient in sketching and relevant software packages including Omnigraffle and Axure.
• Demonstrable skills in Information Architecture, Visual Communication, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign are an advantage.
• Ability to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
• Able to demonstrate good written and verbal English skills.
• Willingness to perform other related duties as and when required.
The Interaction Designer should have experience in or an understanding of the following:
• Brand DNA:
-Content analysis and content mapping
• Service solution:
- Exploratory and Refinement sketching
- Morphological matrix
- Concept modelling
- Content strategy
- Features ranking
• UI specification:
- Site mapping
- User cases and User flow
- Production (Visual, Kinetic, Interaction)
• UI optimization:
- Design and UX support
- Design and UX Q/A
Personal skills and attributes:
• Keen to learn, with a willingness to broaden skill set across all Design competencies.
• Able to multi-task, prioritise and perform well under pressure.
• Proactive, self-sufficient and professional, with strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
• Engage with and work within changing multi-disciplinary teams.
• Ability to develop and maintain open, honest and trusting relationships.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Able to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing environment.
• Able to demonstrate initiative.
• Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence.
• Keen to seek out opportunities to promote our division
• Keen to seek out opportunities for self development.
• Willingness to travel and work overseas.
Relevant Bachelors Degree and minimum of 5-8 years relevant work experience.
Please include your portfolio in your application.
Please also note that we are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's