|Job Title||Intermediate Project Manager|
|Department||Enterprise Projects Office|
|Type of employment||Permanent|
|Part time / Full time||Full time|
|Overview||To ensure the successful delivery of CLS projects (within budget, agreed timelines and against pre-defined scope & priorities) into the business, while adhering to the accepted DA Project Processes, methodology and templates. Medium to large projects.|
|Requirements||Education (formal qualification required):|
• National certificate
• Relevant IT qualification or Business related degree
• Project Management Certification (Prince 2, PMBOK, PMI)
• Registration as a qualified Project Manager (such as PMP)
Competencies (skills and behavioural attributes)
• Programme and Project Management
• Business insight and risk awareness
• Analysis and attention to detail
• Process and Technological Competence
• Working under pressure
• Building Relationships
• Drive and Results Orientation
Management Systems needed to perform the job
Other Special Requirements
• Could be expected to work overtime when projects deploy.
• May need to travel from time to time to FirstRand/FNB/Wesbank, or to DA JV/SIBS offices both in Cape Town and Johannesburg
• Must be able to manage 2 – 4 small to medium projects concurrently.
• Stakeholder engagement:
? ? Quality of Stakeholder Engagement (with appropriate approach/ tone/ frequency). Steerco in place, effectively and efficiently managed.
? ? Team communication channels and meetings in place, effectively and efficiently managed. Key stakeholders communication plan agreed and executed.
? ? Status reports accurate, complete and on time with up to date info. Executive status comments / reporting at appropriate level.
? ? Compile RAG status of projects in accordance to agreed and published definitions.
? ? Establish credibility by showing confidence, knowledge and experience to lead the project team and doing the right things to drive project results.
? ? Handle conflict as and when it arises. Conflict handling.
? ? Team facilitation to enable collaboration and delivery.
? ? Engage with HRBP in planning phase to agree what level of change management is needed.
? ? Key stakeholders change management plan agreed and executed.
? ? Ensure training / scripting impact analysis and other change management functions are handled as needed.
• End to end project management of large and program level budget, risk and complexity projects.
• Procuring vendors and signing off time sheets.
• Responsible to resource allocation to projects.
• Risk and issues are identified, reported and managed.
• Provide PM best practice guidance and mentorship.
• Provide SME input.
• Assist Lead Project Manager with new starter induction and mentorship.
• Assist Lead Project Manager with PM Master Class enrichment.
• Follow industry trends and provide thought leadership to improve PM / PMO / IT and DA.
• 3+ years’ experience in Project Management
• 2 years’ experience in Business / Systems Analysis / Budgeting / Testing
• 2 years’ experience in Facilitation and Presentations
• 3+ years’ experience in MS Office / Visio / MS Project / Excel
• 1 year experience in Change Management
• 3+ years good working knowledge of SDLC and agile principles
• 1 year Finance Service experience
• 1 year experience in Risk Management
|Duties & Roles||Description role responsibilities: |
Budgeting: Contributes to cost efficiencies
• Identifies and escalates potential risks that may lead to increased costs.
• Demonstrates cost consciousness and awareness of personal contribution to costs.
• Increases knowledge and understanding of financial processes and adheres to required operating standards.
Monitors the adherence to project budget
• Compiles budget for project. Reports against the budget. Escalates issues where required.
Stakeholder Management: Ensures customer service solutions are aligned to the operational business plan
• Implements customer service solutions demonstrating the shared values "Ownership".
• Manages and takes accountability for the implementation and maintenance of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) outcomes for customer service delivery across area of responsibility.
• Investigates and understands customer needs to enable delivery of a quality service.
• Successfully delivers the assigned projects according to the approved scope, quality, budget, time frames and quality requirements in line with department or divisions strategic objectives.
• Appropriately uses all relevant project management applications including the scheduling application.
Maintains expert knowledge of current projects
• Maintains an excellent working knowledge of the project content that is currently being managed.
• Maintains good working knowledge of the business and IT architectures including business processes and structures, applications and interfaces and IT infrastructure.
Manages the progress of projects
• Manages project according to the project life cycles. Completes required documentation in accordance with project governance.
Monitors and plans resource allocation
• Plans project schedules.
• Allocates tasks based on resource availability.
• Participates in specification review sessions.
Manages projects aligned to business organisational strategy
• Defines business requirements.
• Prepares project documentation to ensure scope, timelines and costs are clear. Identifies and manages key stakeholders and ensures effective collaboration to achieve project objectives.
• Ensures integration of best practices in the development of the project implementation plan. Manages, monitors and evaluates implementation activities according to the implementation plan and reports regularly on progress status, risks and costs.
Oversees related projects
• Supports company projects and meet all expectations for accuracy, completeness and timely work and ensures staff deliver as per the project plan.
• Responds to project risks and issues raised by and involving the project team. Provides training to the team where required.
• Ensures the project environment is conducive to optimal team performance.
Personal Development: Participates in planned activities that are appropriate for own development
• Identifies effective activities to address own development gaps.
• Creates own development plan and reviews plan with manager.
• Understands which competencies and skills should be mastered to ensure personal development and performance.
• Demonstrates a commitment to continuous personal improvement in line with the Shared Value “Ownership”.
Teamwork: Promotes teamwork amongst peers and team members
• Contributes to team success by ensuring team commitment and cohesion.
• Values individual contributions while encouraging partnering and collaboration to achieve team results so that "we strengthens me" is lived and demonstrated.
• Shares information and knowledge to achieve team goals.
• Respects diversity and encourages an environment that values inclusivity.
• Coaches peers to benefit the team.
Intermediate Project Manager
|Job Title:||Intermediate Project Manager|
|Job Published:||October 05, 2017 10:45|
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's