Intermediate RPG (BI Project)
|Job Title:||Intermediate RPG (BI Project)|
|Job Published:||August 19, 2017 16:53|
1. Job Purpose
The Developer contributes to the organisational goals by creating and maintaining quality software systems.
Deliver the Telesure Service Way through personal effort and through others.
Deliver on Treating Customers Fairly principles in alignment with regulatory requirements
Applying specialist and detailed technical expertise; Uses technology to achieve work objectives; Develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development;
Demonstrates an understanding of different Telesure departments and functions.
The RPG Developer contributes to the organisational goals by providing user-friendly front-end and fully functional back-end applications.
Key accountability areas included in the domain of this position, are:
1. Operational / Technical / Financial Results: • Enhance and implement interactive applications. • Enhance and implement effective back-end applications that are not resource intensive. • Maintain RPG interactive applications and back-end applications.
2. Personal Competence Results: • Ensure effective updating of own knowledge
3. Innovation Results: • Contribute to optimising work practices and procedures
4. Relationship and Customer Results: • Effectively build and maintain relationships with peers, team, colleagues and within Telesure group • Must have problem solving and analytical thinking ability. • Please note: shortlisted candidates will be required to write a practical (technical) test
5. Experience in RPG development will be a massive advantage
Level of Education:
Grade 12 (Standard 10) with University Entrance (NQF4)
Grade 12 Relevant recognized diploma in RPG development Experience will be a distinct advantage
Must have problem solving and analytical thinking ability
A recognized software development certification / degree / diploma
At least 3 years’ experience using the relevant programming language or technologies
Previous experience within a financial services environment.
Development skills in preferred technologies and frameworks (IBM iSeries / Microsoft .Net etc)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's