To manage and execute the Internal Audit Activity, coordinate specific processes to support the implementation and execution of the Audit Plan, monitoring compliance, preparing and presenting audit findings and recommendations, and providing assurance of compliance with statutory requirements, policies and procedures in line with IIA Standards and the organisation’s policies and procedures.
Qualification and Experience:
• CA (SA)
• CIA or CPA Certificate is required
• Minimum 4 years working experience in Internal Audit environment
- Establish, manage and promote the standing of the Internal Audit Activity ( IAA).
- Develop and maintain IA policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain strategic and operational risk based audit plans.
- Develop and implement a quality assurance and improvement.
- Plan and oversee audits of gaming operations to assess controls, operational efficiencies and
- Compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations (JSE)
- Maintain a comprehensive system for recording all audit plans, work papers, findings, reports, and follow-up audits. Ensure the timely and accurate completion of the audit plan.
- Review audit work performed by staff for completion and accuracy.
- Prepare and complete detailed audit work for certain audits. Conduct audit exit conferences. Draft and issue audit reports.
- Conduct special audits as required by management and issue results.
- Recommend revisions and/or additions to policies and procedures in order to improve operations as well as internal controls.
- Perform analysis or conduct projects as requested by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Respond to ad hoc requests to address control issues on new business processes, policies and procedures, and provide consultative services to management.
- Prepare an engagement work programme.
- Communicate the results of the IA engagement to the relevant stakeholders.
- Manage and review the internal audit engagement outcome.
- Finalise the audit report.
- Assess stakeholder action plans and monitor implementation progress.
- Prepare and present the quarterly IA report to the Audit Committee.
- Coordinate the activities of the Audit Committee and perform the Secretariat function.
- Coordinate the activities of internal audit with those of other assurance providers.
- Utilise audit software and data analytical tools to enhance efficiencies in the audit process.