The primary purpose of the role is to support the implementation, enhancement, and maintenance of continuous service improvement initiatives within the applications landscape and assist to develop solutions that help drive business efficiency and achieve strategic goals.
- To supervise and coordinate the analysis, evaluation, development, testing and implementation of computer software applications. Oversee the analysis of user needs and make recommendation of software applications
- Manages projects, evaluates and integrates appropriate technologies, helps drive repeatable and extensible solutions for the SA Commercial Business Unit.
- The role is a team leader role that will be accountable for a team of resources architecting, designing implementing, supporting solutions that meet business requirements .
- The position will primarily be focused on aligning information delivery to the needs of the business.
- It involves taking responsibility of the team for the following areas :
- Supervise and coordinate the analysis, evaluation, development, testing and implementation of computer software applications.
- Oversee the analysis of user needs and make recommendation of software applications
- To respond timeously to customer queries and to provide feedback
- Maintain current knowledge of all relevant technological developments and seek opportunities to deploy new technologies
- Design and develop cost effective solutions that meet functional, technical, and performance requirements
- Map business requirements to technology capability
- Identify gaps and omissions in the end-to-end solutions
- Ensure project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards
- Identify, clarify, and resolve system development and maintenance activity issues and risks, escalating them as needed
- Good understanding of the solution technology components and how they are used together
- Plan, direct, coordinate and review the work plan for applications development staff. Assign work activities, projects and programs. Review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures. Meet with staff to identify and resolve problems.
- Analyze business systems to determine effectiveness. Identify inadequacies, inefficiencies and problems and recommend solutions. Develop system specifications. Recommend application software development.
- Create architecture scope, definition, construction, and execution
- Provide technical leadership to project resources to meet project deadlines and ensure that project objectives are met
- Review technical documentation to verify compliance with requirements and established architectural standards and guidelines
- Document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
- Consult with and develop technical resources for methods, procedures, and standards to use during design, development, and unit testing phases of a project
- Collaborate with IT Project managers
- Write and forward regular reports to the management.
IT Audit Participation
- Participation in audit activities during internal and external audits
- Conduct License audits so as to ensure license compliance
- Ensure current system integrity
- Ensure interface stability
- Conduct License Review and maintenance
Continuous Service Improvement
- Work closely with the Business Solutions Manger in developing solutions to improve and simplify business challenges within SA commercial business unit through the enablement of technological solutions
- Strategy Management for IT Services
- Design Co-ordination
- Release & Deployment Management
- Change Evaluation
- Application Management
- Requirements Management
- Architecture Vision
- Business Architecture
- Information Systems Architecture
- Technology Architectures
- Opportunities and Solutions
- Migration Planning
- Implementation Governance
- Architecture Change Management
In addition to the above, the secondary responsibilities areas for the Continuous Service Improvement Team Leader where there will also be active participation is as follows:
- King III
- Service Strategy.
- Service Design.
- Service Transition.
- Service Operations & Function.
- TOGAF- Architecture Framework.
- Balance Scorecard.
- IT Reporting
- Talent Management
- Enterprise Initiatives
- Project Management.
- Prince 2
Knowledge Of :
- Pharmaceutical Industry &/or FMCG knowledge
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) knowledge and experience
- Exposure of the Qlikview
- Knowledge in COGNOS
- Comprehensive knowledge of data warehouse and business intelligence products
- Proven track record in the definition and delivery of Information Delivery architectures
- processes and industry trends
- In-depth knowledge of ID technologies and trends
- Knowledge of retail and pharmaceutical business
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Analyzing trends
- Service orientation
- Decision making
- Customer focused
Education and Experience
- Matric / Grade 12
- B.Com or BSc Degree degree/diploma or equivalent
- Extensive experience in the design & delivery of enterprise wide information delivery architectures
- Extensive experience of inclusive of a data warehouse
- Extensive experience data extraction and information delivery
- Extensive experience in the definition and specification of information requirements
- Proven track record in technical leadership
- Experience in Database Design &/or analysis service