This role is responsible for delivery of a variety of IT solution delivery services to support business objectives and is individually accountable for achieving results through others, over periods of 3 months to a year. The IT Manager’s business portfolio is smaller than that of a Senior IT Manager. The individual will be part of Solution Delivery. Collaborates with business stakeholders and IT interfaces, to creating solutions that are synergistic to the platform. The incumbent will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimise cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Key Result Areas:
- Responsible for the financial management of the area, including budget setting and expense and income monitoring.
- Oversees the functional unit and is accountable for the efficient operation of the area.
- Provides thought leadership (operational and tactical focus) for IT resources.
- Responsible for delivery of Software Development Projects and enhancements to the system.
- Responsible for the Maintenance and Support of the system in production.
- Responsible for aligning technology and technology support to business needs.
- Project gates – collaborate with the Business and Delivery partners to understand the business strategies and priorities and articulate the scope, business outcomes and targeted roles that will benefit from the investment. Collaborate with the Delivery and Business Partners to optimize the project schedule/scope.
- Actively demonstrate proactive resource planning and demand management capabilities
- Change Management – Champion the change management plan by collaborating with business partners and IT to prepare for adoption and realize business value.
- Individually accountable for customer/client service delivery through efforts of a team, for periods of 3 months up to a year.
- Accountable for others' time, task and output quality, for periods of up to 1 year.
- Balances own priorities with directing and motivating others.
- Plans and assigns work over the applicable period.
- Guides and directs staff to achieve operational excellence standards.
- Creates a climate for optimal performance.
- Development of team members.
- Manages performance.
- Selects potential staff to sustain customer/client service delivery.
- Own the governance process to facilitate and evaluate prioritization of reporting requirements and allocation of technical team capacity.
- Responsible for IT Contracts Management.
- Manages the relationship between service providers, including negotiations, contractualisation, service and support (SLAs).
- Matric, plus relevant B. Degree qualification/Diplomas
- 10 years of IS working experience in an application development environment.
- Ability to act as a liaison between business stakeholders, technical architects/SMEs and development teams to ensure successful technical fulfilment of business requirements
- Building Customer and Partner Relationships – establishing and maturing relationships across multiple teams.
- Confidence – Takes ownership of challenging situations that require engagement with stakeholders. Engages stakeholders to drive positive outcomes.
- Keep abreast of best practice within the IT sector.
- Experience in Agile Project Management and Iterative.
- Software / solution development experience using JAVA and Angular.
- Experience with Adobe experience manager will be advantageous.
- Managing software development team / project including service providers
- Line management – more than 7 people
- Leading with influence
- Personal Mastery (Learning)
- Collaboration (Relating)
- Customer First