IT Project Lead
|Job Title:||IT Project Lead|
|Job Published:||April 16, 2017 14:34|
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The role of the I.T Project Lead is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Lead will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
POSITION IN THE ORGANISATION
I.T Project Lead
2. POSITION DESCRIPTION
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION
Project Management delivery
· The I.T Project Lead has a primary responsibility for defining, planning, tracking and managing the project they are assigned.
· Responsible for identifying key resources and providing the direction required for meeting the project objectives.
· Responsible for ensuring appropriate management, customer and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project.
· Analyse risk and instigate avoidance activities. Establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating corrective action.
· Track and report on progress to plan.
· Analyse the actual performance against the plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
· Keep all stakeholders informed of progress and issues.
· Coordinate management and technical decisions
· Oversee contracts, service level agreements
· Develop and implement policies and processes for suppliers
· Able to deal with challenges
· Negotiate with suppliers
· Identify purchase/delivery risks and issues and recommend practical solutions taking into account both client functional requirements and business objectives
· To work with the business and negotiate contractual arrangements with suppliers to ensure that value for money and excellent service levels are maintained and optimised across all categories of expenditure.
· To undertake an initial review of the existing purchase ordering process and then implement continuous improvements where necessary to ensure that costs are monitored, reviewed and controlled within budgetary constraints.
· To lead supplier negotiations, recommend supplier selection and implement contracts designed to encourage continual improvement.
Verify the quality of functionality delivered:
· Manage the quality review of all project deliverables (analysis, design,
I.T Project Lead
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION – (Please provide a short description under each heading/output)
specifications, documentation) for the early detection and correction of defects. Verify that system changes conform to Phumelela’s I.T development standards.
· Plan and manage the implementation of project deliverables into production to minimise (preferably eliminate) impact to the production systems.
Maximize processing efficiency of system functionality and development of resources:
· Set expectations for the use of structured techniques, best practices and standards to support project objectives. This includes all programs, procedures and data structures necessary to deliver a complete system solution to address the business need. Where necessary, involve Technical Specialists/Analysts to impart required skills
· All work on own tasks must be completed within the effort and time allocated on the project schedule.
· Hold regular one-one meetings with all project resources to review productivity and effectiveness. Identify opportunities for improvement. Set appropriate goals to focus on meeting project objectives.
· Ensure all team members are fully utilised against tasks with an agreed estimate of the end date and effort required. Review delivery against expectations, and take appropriate action if required
· Effectively communicate project progress to Delivery and Resource managers. Escalate any issues affecting delivery. Advise management of any delay that could impact on the outcome of the project.
Live up to Phumelela’s values
· Create a sense of urgency
· Show integrity in dealings with others
· Show commitment to excellence
· Promote and implement innovation
· Strive for excellence in customer service
· Actively recognize the importance of people
I.T Project Lead
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Grade 12
TECHNICAL/ LEGAL CERTIFICATION
· Degree or Diploma in Project Management
· Minimum 5 years direct work experience in a Project Lead/Management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
· Technically competent with various software programs, such as MS Office
· Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Attention to Detail / Detail Focused
The ability to attend to finite detail whilst executing outputs to ensure the quality of service delivery
The ability to execute outputs with exactness and precision thereby eliminating errors
Strong Business Acumen The ability to carry out organizational strategy with a clear understanding of the industry trends, economic sectors and market dynamics
Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
The ability to feel enthusiastic , interested and committed to do something or have the effect on other people
The ability to coach, mentor and develop others
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
· Overtime may be required from time to time to meet project deadlines.