Accountabilities for this role include Strong Development skills, basic systems analysis, interpreting and executing test plans. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through own efforts.
Key Result Areas:
- Assists BA and Architect to translate strategic and operational decisions into business solutions.
- Assists with analysis and design of new systems and databases.
- Role includes coding, implementations, testing and system enhancements
- Also includes providing higher technical and programming support
- Co-ordinates time and priorities to ensure that goals are met
- Ability to understand big picture in which business operates
- Standby if needed
- Have a good working relationship with users, business analysts and other technical staff
- Works with little supervision
- Advises management on best practices and design of new enhancements
- Coaches junior staff members
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts with only limited supervision.
- Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality for periods of up to 6 months.
- Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
- Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results. Accepts and lives the company values
- Design, develop and maintain custom components for web-based content management products that enable seamless functionality between SharePoint, MS Office, and other applications that may be present in the enterprise.
- Use judgment and creativity to design coding approach to meet requirements/specifications as provided by business analysts.
- Examine requirements documents and create technical design documents, unit test, system test, user acceptance test, and implementation plans for SharePoint applications and integrations.
- Maintain current industry knowledge of development concepts, practices and procedures.
- Functional and Technical Specification documentation
- Systems Analysis, Design and Development of applications.
- Systems Integration using SharePoint Business Connectivity Services
- Provides sizing and scoping for development work required.
- Designs & documents technical specifications/program specifications.
- Assists solution construction including programming, systems testing and correction of programme models. Interprets and executes test plans, or assists in developing test plans in conjunction with Senior Analyst Programmer or Business Analyst.
- Develops, tests and implements new systems and system changes in accordance with agreed coding standards and principles.
- Provides development solutions, which maintain the technical integrity of the solution. Performs data conversion.
- Documents system features and functionality. The above is done under limited supervision."
- Ensures technical integrity of the solution.
- Ensures that all system changes align with coding standards and principles
- Mentors Programmers and Analyst Programmers through the whole development life cycle.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree or Diploma in Information Technology.
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) SharePoint 2013 Applications - with 4-6 years experience developing enterprise applications and web solutions using Microsoft technology.
- Passed MCSD Exams: 70-480, 70-486, 70-488 & 70-489. Passed MCSC
- Solid experience and proven ability developing for the MS SharePoint platform.
- Specific experience in site design, page layout, and developing custom web parts and apps to extend SharePoint functionality.
- Ideally the candidate will have a thorough understanding of SharePoint’s core features.
- Must have knowledge of SharePoint installation, configuration, and administration with an excellent understanding of the architectural, development and infrastructure aspects of a SharePoint platform.
- Experience with database design and querying with SQL Server 2012 R2.
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to interact with business to understand requirements and develop comprehensive and complete solutions that incorporate both technology and business processes.
- Experience working in an enterprise-level environment.
- Proven experience in technical lead roles for SharePoint or other application development efforts.
- An extensive working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint 2013, and its supporting and sister technologies including:
- SharePoint Designer & Visio
- SharePoint Tools
- Visual Studio
- C#, ASP.NET, Web Services
- WCF, WF, WPF, SOAP
- Jscript, Jquery, HTML5/CSS3/XML
- MVS, MVVM, MVP, REST
- PowerShell, T-SQL, SilverLight
- SQL Server
- Active Directory Services & LDAP
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Client
- Exposure to Office365, SharePoint Online would be advantageous
- Collaboration (Relating)
- Customer First
- Innovation (Perspective)
- Leading with Influence
- Personal Mastery (Learning)