Job specificationThis role is in the Business Process Management Solution Delivery team using the Bizagi application suite as well as integrated services and applications. The Lead Analyst Programmer role is responsible for building, configuring and implementing Process Management solutions comprising of Bizagi system analysis and interfacing components and peripherals within the process management suite. IT includes systems analysis, developing specifications, development and construction, interpreting and executing test plans as well as supporting business process solutions on the Bizagi Business Process Management application suite, to enhance the business process functionality and overall performance.
Carry out assignments requiring the development of new or improved procedures and processes.
Proactively seek opportunities to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of solutions.
Collaborates and works closely with production support teams for troubleshooting: investigate, analyze, and solve software problems and develop necessary product modifications to satisfy solution objectives.
The successful candidate will be expected to participate, own, drive and undergo extensive training within the BPM Bizagi space to fully understand the applications within the environment within a relatively short space of time.
Key Result Areas:
- Accountabilities for this role include Strong Business Process Management Analytical and Development technical skills, systems analysis, interpreting and executing test plans.
- Solution construction including programming, configuration, systems testing and correction of application / programme modules.
- Develops technical specifications / program specifications and some systems documentation.
- Assists Systems Analyst, Functional Analyst and Solution Designer and Architect to translate strategic decisions into business process solutions.
- Assists with analysis and design of new systems and databases.
- Includes providing higher technical and development and programming support.
- Provides sizing and scoping for development work required.
- The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through own efforts as well as being a strong team player.
- May coach and mentor other staff (analyst programmer / support specialist).
- Co-ordinates time and priorities to ensure that goals are met
- Ability to understand big picture in which business operates
- Standby if needed
- Have a good working relationship with users, business analysts and other technical staff
- Works with little supervision.
- May take the task lead with smaller work initiatives.
- Advises management on best practices and design of new enhancements
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts with only limited supervision.
- Self-motivate, pro-active and passion for learning and self-development.
- Displays consistent energy, drive and perseverance in order to deliver results.
- Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality for periods of up to 3 months.
- Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
- Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal and team results.
- Accepts and lives the company values.
Solution Analysis and Development
- Designs & documents technical specifications/ program / module specifications.
- Develops, tests and implements new systems and system changes in accordance with agreed coding standards and principles.
- Development includes programming and /or configuration, systems testing and correction of solution development models.
- Interprets and executes test plans, or assists in developing test plans in conjunction with Systems Analyst, Senior Analyst Programmer or Business Analyst.
- Provides development solutions, which maintain the technical integrity of the solution.
- Documents system features and functionality. The above is done under limited supervision."
- Ensures technical integrity of the solution.
- Mentors and coaches Programmers and Analyst Programmers through the whole development life cycle.
Qualifications and experience:
- Matric, with a Relevant Programming/IT Diploma/ Degree
- Good practical understanding and experience SOA / Web Services & industry standards/trends related to the integration environment.
- 3 years or more, experience in MS SQL Server, with excellent SQL, and Entity Framework skills
- Overall understanding around business process management technologies and tools
- Ability to deliver as per agreed time standards in high pressure situations
- Practical experience in high volume capacity planning & performance tuning.
- Working knowledge/experience in the support environment Incident/Problem Management
- Good system modelling skills will be an advantage.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with Version Management tool such as SVN, VSS, and TFS etc.
- Working knowledge of SDLC and well versed in dealing with operational challenges with performance, scalability and high availability
- Hand on experience in troubleshooting performance and functional problems on development, testing and production environments
- Willing to provide support for development and production systems.
- Strong Business Process Management Analytical and Development skills, basic systems analysis, interpreting and executing test plans
- Systems thinking
- Problem Solving
- Technical Knowledge and thought Leadership
- Leading with influence
- Innovation (Perspective)
- Collaboration (Relating)
- Customer First
- Personal Mastery (Learning)