Accountabilities for this role include Strong Development skills, systems analysis, interpreting and executing test plans. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through own efforts.
Key Result Areas:
- Assists BA and Architect to translate strategic and operational decisions into business solutions.
- Assists with analysis and design of new systems and databases.
- Role includes coding, implementations, testing and system enhancements
- Also includes providing higher technical and programming support
- Co-ordinates time and priorities to ensure that goals are met
- Ability to understand big picture in which business operates
- After Hours Standby is required for this Function
- Have a good working relationship with users, business analysts and other technical staff
- Works with little or no supervision
- Advises management on best practices and design of new enhancements
- Coaches junior staff members
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts with only limited supervision.
- Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality for periods of up to 6 months.
- Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
- Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results. Accepts and lives the company values
- Assists with analysis and design of new Web applications and databases.
- Develops technical specifications / program specifications and systems documentation.
- Responsible for systems analysis functions.
- Analysis and System Design requirements.
- Advises management on effective applications, covering areas such as maintenance, support, interface and data management requirements.
- Provides sizing and scoping for development work required.
- Designs & documents technical specifications/program specifications.
- Assists solution construction including programming, systems testing and correction of programme models. Accountable for Drafting and Execution of Unit Testing plans, Assists in developing test plans in conjunction with Senior Analyst Programmer or Business Analyst.
- Develops, tests and implements new systems and system changes in accordance with agreed coding standards and principles.
- Provides development solutions, which maintain the technical integrity of the solution. Performs data conversion.
- Documents system features and functionality. The above is done under limited supervision.
- Ensures technical integrity of the solution.
- Ensures that all system changes align with coding standards and principles
- Mentors Programmers and Analyst Programmers through the development life cycle.
Qualifications and experience:
- Matric, with an IT programming qualification
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- 4 years or more, experience in MS SQL Server, with excellent SQL skills
- Enterprise Integration experience advantageous.
- Agile Software Development methodology, Team Foundation Server and Continuous integration
- Knowledge of SOA (Service Orientated Architecture) and ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) patterns
- Good client/server understanding (COM/COM+) Good practical understanding and experience of XML, UML & industry standards/trends related to the integration environment.
- Practical experience in high volume capacity planning & performance tuning.
- Ability to deliver as per agreed time standards and work under stress
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good system modelling skills will be an advantage.
- Leading with Influence
- Innovation (Perspective)
- Customer First
- Personal Mastery (Learning)
- Collaboration (Relating)