- Design and implementation of web API architectures including web socket solutions
- Develop backend software modules focusing on functionalities, simplicity and robustness.
- Develop documentation to allow frontend development team to interface efficiently with backend solutions
- Provide technical support for backend-related issues.
- Managing, training, mentoring and guiding backend development team to overcome technical barriers and development maintainable solutions.
- Defining a tech stack with the frontend lead, backend team and frontend team for existing and new upcoming projects with the department strategy in mind.
- Liaise with frontend lead and external vendors to ensure products are developed on time and of the highest quality.
- Provide time estimates for project tasks for backend architecture
- Report to development operations regarding resource requirements
- B.S. degree in computer science or relevant work experience.
- 8+ years developing backend web architecture with a focus on performance and scalability.
- 5+ years in technical leadership role.
- Able to identify potential performance and security problems when designing backend architecture.
- Highly fluid and dynamic personality with the ability to adopt and adapt to changes very quickly.
- Able to think out of the box to solve problems.
- Familiar with software deployment and development on Linux and Microsoft platforms
- Knowledge of Git either using Bitbucket or Github
- Some knowledge of C# and .NET solutions for maintenance and extension of legacy projects to allow for service integration is expected but not required
- Knowledgeable in using JSON, RESTful APIs, Socket.io and MongoDB
- Experience with Atlassian Jira in assigning tasks to backend development team
- Experience working with managed and unmanaged hosting solutions
- Must be experienced at working in a highly dynamic environment where project requirements can change frequently.