Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Ensure that the daily maintenance is carried out in such a way as to ensure minimum downtime and a safe environment for employees to work in.
- Oversee the implementation and on-going use of a planned maintenance system.
- To ensure that the quality of service and spares used are of excellent acceptable standards, thereby achieving the most economical value throughout the production process
- Ensure that where work is contracted out, the best workmanship and price is achieved.
- Oversee and motivate the workforce under your control to achieve their best.
- Take responsibility for the accuracy of daily labour hours, including Contract labour and ensure that the company abides by the Department of Manpower requirements.
- Train, equip, support and focus the talents of all employees under your control to achieve your and their objectives by setting standards and measuring their performance.
- Communicate, consult and report to the Works Manager on all matters relating to maintenance at the Works.
- Foster good industrial relations with employees.
- Abide by Company Safety, Personnel and Operational policies as amended from time to time.
- Make sure company vehicles are maintained.
- Ensure that maintenance of the plant is adhered to and team is competent to improve plant reliability as per works maintenance objectives.
- Degree / National Diploma
- Good human relations skills, financial control knowledge, mechanical and electrical knowledge, good planning and production control.
- Must be computer literate.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a mass production environment.