A large consulting firm is looking for a Senior Technology Consultant to work as part of our CIO Advisory team within our Technology Advisory service line. The Consultant is required to have a breadth of experience in skills relating to IT strategy, Enterprise Architecture, and IT Governance.
Key Skills Required:
- IT Strategy development and Performance Management,
- Enterprise Architecture design and implementation,
- IT Sourcing, Procurement and Bid Management,
- IT Governance and Service Delivery Management.
- IT Programme and Project Management,
- IT Change Management,
- Digital design and implementation.
Key job duties or responsibilities:Responsibilities will cover a wide variety of advisory tasks within the CIOA Advisory team. At the targeted level, specific focus is required on both client-facing and Internal responsibilities, these are not limited to - but should include:
Client-facing responsibilities -
- Manage large teams and related work effort(s) at client engagements, fulfilling services related to the CIO advisory market offerings,
- Lead delivery of major CIO Advisory solutions, with specific onus on the individual to own the client engagement as a trusted advisor/subject matter expert,
- Manage and develop trusted client relationships through consistent value delivery and regular interaction,
- Participate in the selling of the CIO Advisory market offerings by means of proposal building, and other recognised go-to-market approaches,
- Identify and manage appropriate risks related to engaging teams and company,
- Accountable for quality review and certification of packaged deliverables prior to client distribution.
- Management of allocated CIO Advisory team operational responsibilities,
- Participate in CIO Advisory team capability building activities (i.e. people, processes, knowledge and systems),
- Develop strong networks and relationships with colleagues from both within and outside of the CIO Advisory team,
- Mentor and guide allocated team counselees regarding performance and career development.
- Participate and contribute to the company global CIO Advisory network,
- Develop a respected brand by means of contributing thought leadership write-ups and community participation.
Critical Interpersonal or Interactive skills
- Results-oriented and positive attitude,
- Leadership and Management skills,
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills,
- Self-starter with the ability to drive solutions,
- Ambitious, self-motivated, and energetic,
- Ability to handle stress and delivery under pressure,
- Ability to function in continuously changing environments.
Other Recommended Skills / Capabilities
- Consulting skills are a pre-requisite,
- Strategic thinker and be aware of the big picture,
- Should demonstrate a “Can do Attitude”,
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity,
- Analytical and problem solving skills,
- Strong technical abilities in the above mentioned skillsets,
- Programme / project management experience is an asset,
- Facilitation and driving workshops experience,
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
Qualifications and ExperienceQualifications -
- BSc Computer Science or BComm Information Systems / Informatics or a similarly relevant Information Technology degree from a recognised university.
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or related business qualifications
- CIO Certification or relevant ICT leadership qualifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / Prince2
- A minimum of 6-8 years delivering consulting services within the technology advisory domain,
- Experience in 2 or more business verticals essential - preference to financial services, telecoms, public sector, healthcare or mining,
- Experience working and collaborating with senior level managers,
- Track record of successful transformational project delivery, as well as SME consulting experience within the technology domain,
- Track record in sales and business development experience including the writing and managing of proposal responses,
- Experience in leading, supervising and managing teams – any responsibilities related to operational and financial management an asset,
- Experience in large scale collaborative engagements e.g. consortiums spanning over multiple clients/geographies and/or industry verticals,