Purpose of Role
The role of Managing Director is to provide strategic leadership & management in the formulation and implementation the Country business strategy, growth and contribution of the Banks Uganda Subsidiary to the attainment of the overall Group vision, mission, strategy and business plans.
- Lead in the development, implementation and presentation of the business strategy.
- Participate in the growth and sustainability of business profitability, and brand presence by championing creation of new products and services.
- Develop and lead high performing, motivated cross-cultural teams.
- Built strategic business partnerships with stakeholders through effective communication and networking.
- Develop good working relationships with regulatory bodies and ensure compliance to regulatory/statutory requirements.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of bank policies and implement best practices and internal controls procedures.
- Monitor and respond to economic, business, and political trends, and their impact on the Banking industry.
- Uphold the banks’ corporate Image by promoting ethical practices, banking law and practice and good corporate governance.
Qualifications and Technical
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized university
- A post graduate qualification in a business related field from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- A Minimum of 10 years’ of work experience in a commercial banking environment with at least 5 years at a Senior Managerial level within the banking sector.
- Ability to lead and manage a cultural change program across the Bank
Competencies and Behavioural
- Good working knowledge of the country and regional banking industry, market trends and challenges.
- Good understanding of corporate governance principles; and banking law and practice.
- Good understanding of risk management and internal controls.
- Working knowledge of bank IT systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to think at a strategic level.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate cross-cultural teams
- Ability to pursue high standards of excellence in line with agreed policies and practices.
- Ability to network, synergize and negotiate.
- Ability to engage with regulatory authorities.
- Ability to build, manage and deliver set results through the teams they manage.
- Ability to manage relationships at group, board and staff levels.
- Verbal communication
- Pro-active work ethics
- Planning and organizing
- Concern for standards
- Team management orientation
- Development orientation
- Understanding Others
- Results orientation
The role is remunerated competitively with a full company benefits package and bonus scheme.