- Write correct, concise and robust code.
- Implement back-end APIs & services in Node.js/PHP on Linux for consumption by a variety of browsers, mobile devices, and other backend services.
- Interact with a variety of related server systems underlying the company systems, including Nginx, MySQL, CouchDB, Postgres and Monit.
- Help design innovative new features, and solve difficult problems using novel approaches.
- Rapidly fix bugs and deploy code across a large, distributed family of servers.
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent knowledge.
- Minimum 3 years of serverside scripting (PHP, Python, NodeJS)
- Operate in a fast-moving, execution-oriented environment. We don’t expect you to know everything immediately, but we expect you to be inquisitive, to learn what you need to, and to ask questions. Build off the knowledge we already have.
- Ability to self-motivate, to plan and meet deadlines without constant oversight, and the desire to write the most elegant code for the job.
- Good communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
- Working familiarity with at least one server-side language, and server-side development in general.
- Familiarity with Linux/Mac command line work. Windows is not a target platform for the server-side.