Reporting structure: Role reports to the Application Architect
Summary of role and responsibilities:
We are looking for a talented ASP.Net Developer who is dedicated to his craft, writes code that he is proud of and can hit the ground running. We need you to write beautiful, fast code to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways. You will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching. This role is right for you if you have a can-do attitude, passion for technology, extensive MVC web development experience and can get up to speed quickly.
This is a software development position, part of a dynamic technology and business team. You will be challenged across many aspects of development, from core platform and API creation, to UX and UI design, to cloud scaling and performance optimisations. You will learn and grow as you build the codebase.
You will use your eye for detail and obsession for clean, well composed code to build out a range of projects from dynamic websites, improving back office systems and processes, providing insightful reporting and analysis and automating tedious manual processes.
- Write “clean”, well designed code
- Produce detailed specifications
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimisation and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow industry best practices
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools as necessary
Essential skills and experience:
- Proven software development experience in .Net and SQL
- It is critical that you understand and have demonstrable knowledge working with solutions architected using MVC
- Understanding of architectural patterns such as Web API and frameworks like Node.js, AngularJS, KnockoutJS etc.
- Good knowledge of relational databases (MS SQL Server and MySQL), non-relational databases (NoSQL) and unstructured data (BLOBs).
- Experience with UI/UX design using CSS3, Bootstrap and other front-end frameworks.
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- Solid trouble shooting, bug tracking, and quality assurance methodologies
- Understanding of / experience with unit testing and source code control
- Able to stay ahead of the curve with new and emerging technologies
- Comfortable working in small teams or alone