MID–SENIOR ART DIRECTOR
WHAT'S EXPECTED OF YOU
Here's a very short list of just some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Helping to define and enhance our brand, and applying it to everything (from our website to our sales collateral to branded Stan Smith's).
- Owning that brand, and helping to manage external suppliers in conjunction with the marketing director.
- Driving (along with the marketing director) a global advertising campaign. Every. Single. Aspect of it. You’ll have input into concepts, strategy and of course, lead the design.
- Mentoring younger designers.
- Feeding into every other aspect of our business, from app UI/UX to offline events.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
What do you need to bring to the table?
- At least 5 years of strategic art direction, brand development and implementation experience.
- Pixel–perfect attention to detail.
- Expert–level digital design.
- Experience working with developers (you don't need to write the code, but you need to know what makes their lives easier).
- A portfolio that shows diverse, comprehensive brand work and real–world business design.
- Experience with video production and/or animation would be a major bonus.
- Pro–active – No waiting around being told what to do
- Obsessed with being the best – You don't need to be told to make it better, you seek out opportunities to do so
- Committed – We serve clients around the world, and there are times when you need to engage out of hours
- Friendly – We're a small office. Personality is worth its weight in gold
- A fast learner – we'll help you get started. You’ll get support. But you need to want to grow and improve and enhance your skills. Trust us, there’s no ceiling at our company.
- A leader and guide– we have a learning culture, and you may be asked to help others develop their skills based on your knowledge and experience
We know we ask a lot. But we also offer a lot:
- Full medical insurance.
- Better than average compensation.
- The chance to work in the most incredible collaborative space in Cape Town.
- Your birthday off every year and a host of perks (the bar opens at 4 on a Friday).
- Flexible work hours (no one likes Cape Town traffic).
- The opportunity to work with a company that’s aiming for nothing less than global domination (with a smile of course).
- To be part of a driven, global team who wake up singing "everything is awesome" in a non–creepy way.
NB! Please don't forget to include Portfolio work done by candidate upon application