We are a high growth tech start-up based in Cape Town with the vision to power health care bookings across Africa. Our consumer facing site is a part of a larger booking engine that our team has developed over the last few years. Many of the largest healthcare and insurance industry players in South Africa are currently using our technology to transform their customer experience. The company already has significant revenues and has successfully raised venture capital to accelerate its growth.
The team is small, highly flexible and proven in building technology-driven startups that scale globally. Our founder has a strong background in computer science, which translates into a broadly developer-friendly culture that places the product evolution at the core of the company’s focus. We are seeking developers to join our team and help solve complex and interesting problems that matter in the burgeoning healthcare environment.
- Develop high-quality code and create automated tests
- Assist with the creation of systems and tools that boost the efficiency of our operations
- Utilise strong analytic skills and intuition to figure out solutions to complex technical problems
- Collaborate with developers and other non-technical team members
Skills and Expertise:
- Knowledge in or experience with how to program scalable and optimised software systems
- Familiarity with Agile software development concepts
Experience with the following technologies are advantageous:
- JSON REST API design
- Responsive UI / UX design
- Amazon Web Services
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent number of years of experience
- 3 – 5 years of programming experience with web technologies
- Are obsessed with figuring out solutions to complex problems
- Passionate about learning new technologies and systems
- Know how to spot user pain-points and craft a solution
- Are excited to hit the ground running at a high-growth company
- Should have a strong passion for software development, a clear understanding of the relevant technical standards and design patterns.
- Strong researching skills and must be an out of the box thinker.
- Can work under pressure without sacrificing or compromising the quality of work.
- Competitive industry based remuneration
- Share options after 6 months with the company
- Support of ongoing mentorship and development
- Flexible working hours policy (e.g. unlimited work from home days)
- Unlimited leave
- Fun, creative and relaxed family-style company culture