We are a fast-growing digital specialist agency. Now part of the world-wide M&C Saatchi Group with offices in Cape Town and Johannesburg, this position is part of our ambitious growth plans and an important element in improving our value proposition to clients.
Our agency services clients like EOH, Heineken, Philips, Kimberly-Clark, Gautrain and Medscheme. We employ ambitious and committed people who want to go places, grow with the company and blow our clients away with world-class digital solutions.
Reporting to the Technical Director, we’re looking for a Cape Town or Johannesburg-based Xamarin Developer to work on an exciting, ground-breaking mobile project for one of our high profile clients.
The successful candidate will
- Be responsible for generating source code for mobile compatible applications by modifying existing .Net or creating new system solutions; testing new code and its impact on the existing system to ensure that the software is operating as intended, ensuring that created code conforms to defined standards and creating the appropriate level of documentation, reporting and communication for the change(s) or enhancement(s) created.
- Develop applications in .Net to operate on iOS, Android and Windows OS based mobile devices
- Write source code to generate the new software in accordance with defined development standards
- Design and implementation of desktop, mobile and web application
- Test coded solutions and integrated system.
- Document status; create communications and reports as appropriate.
- Develops multi-tiered application framework
- Develops class design, UI framework and database access interface
- Resolve customer complaints with software and respond to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements.
- Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing
- Employ best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development
- 5 years of related experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- Hands on experience with Xamarin, Objective C, IOS Native applications, cross platform applications, developing web APIs.
Optional & Preferred
- Microsoft Certifications
- Prior experience of working with .Net framework 3.5+
- Experience within an Agile development environment
- Database design and normalization, experience in Oracle databases
- An excellent communicator and collaborator
- Detail-oriented, multi-tasker in context of a fast-paced environment
- Capable of hitting daily deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Keen ability to multi-task; self-starter
- Sense of humour
Only applicants with relevant industry and role experience need apply