A leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Mobile QA Engineer to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, young, creative, hard working people to join us. We offer market related benefits, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
You need to be strong in both root cause analysis and driving to action. You need to be passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience. And, because we operate in a fast-growing, quick-moving environment, we’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, thrives under change, and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster.
Mobile QA Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Mobile QA Engineer to design test cases and perform testing of native applications (iOS & Android) and mobile web
Work closely with the QA Test Lead to ensure quality is implemented as part of the processes and that quality standards are adhered to.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop status reports based on test completion/findings and communicate these to team leaders including any impact on the overall project plan.
- Mentoring and guiding the junior testers on test approaches and techniques
- Strong background with mobile testing (iOS, Android, other)
- Perform all tasks with attention to detail.
- Read and comprehend requirements for testing.
- Create test plans and test cases per business requirements.
- Provide daily & weekly status test reporting to test lead.
- Troubleshoot issues experienced during testing.
- Understand API fundamentals for test execution.
- Understand test case management, creation and execution.
- Understanding of UI and backend testing
- Ability and experience with prioritization of tasks, identification of items requiring escalation
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or related technical discipline
- Minimum 2 years of manual testing utilizing an Android, iPhone, or Mobile site as a testing platform.
- ISTQB/ISEB qualification will be an advantage
- Experience managing testing throughout the SDLC
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Additionally, the role requires proven ability to read and understand test requirements and list-out the logical testing path.
- Self-motivated with strong capability of fast learning
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and within the team
- The ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with emulators on Android and iOS (Xcode)
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems quickly and creatively.
- Understanding of computer networks and excellent troubleshooting skills in these environments.
- Understanding of and previous experience in testing APIs
- Experience working with defect tracking – JIRA preferred
- Quick learner and can adapt to multiple project environments in shorter time frame
- Strong background with web testing (functional and cross browser)
- Automation experience in mobile platform is an advantage but not mandatory
- Experience testing with Charles Proxy or other debugging tools.