Department: Africa Geographic Research Team
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Role: Full time
Area: Knowledge Management & Research
Report To: Africa Research Team Leader
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: 30th July 2016
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The role of the KN Operations Administrator is to handle many of the core operational activities of the Africa Geographic Research Team and therefore must demonstrate excellent organizational capabilities, strong personal initiative for getting things done, and an ability to effectively engage with others. This resourceful administrator should show strong attention to detail, be self-motivated and demonstrate willingness to take ownership.
The role is independent and entrepreneurial in nature. The only role of it’s kind across Africa which can create an isolated working environment at times
Candidates should be able to multi-task and manage a significant workload effectively under pressure.
Solid Microsoft Office skills (in particular with excel and power-point) are critical to the role.
Finally, the KN Operations Administrator should exhibit an uncompromising commitment to quality and a strong dedication to teamwork and should be able to garner the respect of the broader knowledge community.
- End-to-end coordination of Africa research subscriptions; including: vendor management, contract renewals, subscription payment, managing source recovery system, reviewing portfolio of sources, identifying new sources and providing budgeting inputs
- Managing research team administration; including preparation of performance reports and dashboards. Maintenance of various tracking documents for team management, managing tariff system and process, taking care of travel and calendar logistics for team events and meetings
- Coordinating team knowledge operations and development activities; including: organizing and maintaining team knowledge management system to build up library of material, uploading documents to Know, maintaining expert list and relevant CVs
- Supporting team manager; including looking after their calendar, administering the team evaluation cycle (DGL management and setting up feedback calls)
- Enhancing the team’s reputation; through developing and maintaining a local research website, managing Qualification packs for local practices (maintain case studies archive and practice qualifications) and maintaining and sharing a calendar of relevant upcoming knowledge and practice events and meetings
- Supporting the team on their daily workload; by owning FPIS related requests and assisting with generalist data and press related research requests
- Managing the Recruiting process in South Africa, Casablanca and Kenya; by screening CV’s, organizing the interviews and managing a smooth process
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written/verbal communications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong follow-up
- Client service and accountability mindset
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of McKinsey professionals with close contact to senior leaders
- Ability to continuously prioritize and multi-task given competing demands and deadlines
- Proactive, self-directed and tolerance for ambiguity
- Successfully operates in a global team environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint. Must have solid knowledge of Excel including Pivot Tables, and VLOOKUP (or be motivated to learn). Basic powerpoint skills also required including use of Think-Cell.
An undergraduate degree from a respected institution is required.
At least two years of professional experience is desired, preferably in consulting, financial services, or a related professional services field.