|Job Title:||PHP Developer|
|Job Published:||August 02, 2017 11:51|
Job Title Developer
Purpose of the Job
To provide support for Internal or External Customer code bases projects. The individual filling this role needs to be an experienced PHP developer with professional web development experience writing PHP code from scratch. Some projects require experience in ColdFusion and Adobe Flex.
Outputs to be delivered
1 Ensures the delivery of high quality solutions to internal and external customers
- Delivers quality, reliable, effective, affordable and effiecient code
- Meeting the requirements of the BIS SLA
- Implement and maintain efficient high quality code to the BIS product list.
- Remains competent and understands role definitions & level of authority
- Adheres to service line best-practice procedures and guidelines
- Human resource output exceeds 75%
- Computing resource utilisation matches or exceeds requirement within budget
3. Maintains high levels of co-operation with other internal business units / departments to achieve user satisfaction and business growth.
- Good relationships and clear communication with the other Internal Departments.
- Clear mutual understanding of the service levels required by the Internal Departments.
- Reports on service levels achieved
- Maintenance and management of current BIS database infrastructure
4. Maintains cohesive relationship with BIS team within scope of defined authority and responsibility.
- Remains competent in BIS team
- Is held accountable for delivery
- Understands team goals
- Strives for high levels of performance within the team
5. Participates in the development of the BIS budget and manages expenditure within budget parameters.
- Assists with budget development
- Expenditure within budget parameters
- Variable costs are well-managed and appropriate action taken
Tasks to be performed
Output Delivery of high quality BIS Support
1. Remains competent
2. Delivers high quality support
3. Meets service level standards
4. Monitors and reports on services provided
5. Takes prompt corrective action where service is below standard
6. Ensures high internal satisfaction levels
7. Takes ownership and responsibility of issues arising.
Output Implements/expands effective, efficient code
1. Establishes & implements procedures, standards and guidelines for the various internal services.
2. Takes responsibility for individual services.
3. Amends and enhances the services based on best practice and clarified internal requirements.
4. Maintains high quality code within the codebase.
Output High levels of co-operation
1. Remains abreast of BIS Services to ensure their alignment to changing business requirements.
2. Maintains overall service levels as agreed with internal and external units.
3. Maintains relationships with the various internal & external providers.
4. Accurate & Detailed Time Recording.
5. Assist with customer facing projects.
Output Cohesive BIS team
4. 1. Understands the team framework for the BIS division.
2. Strives for high levels of co-operation within the team framework for the BIS division
3. Understands level of authority and responsibility within the team.
4. Contributes to positive team morale.
5. Strives for adequate and appropriate training.
Output BIS budget
5. 1. Awareness of current and future cost requirements for the various services.
2. Assists with BIS budget.
3. Assists in keeping the costs of services delivered in line with the approved budget.
4. Assist in keeping expenditure in line with budget parameters.
Knowledge & Experience required to do the Job (Minimum requirements)
At least 3 years of professional development experience
At least 3 years of experience developing in PHP in either a Windows or a Linux environment
At least 2 years of experience working with a SQL based database such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle or PostgreSQL; MySQL and SQL Server preferred
At least 2 years of experience working with a team of three or more professional developers
Skills / Abilities required to do the Job
- Highly technically competent
- Ability to deal with highly interruptive environmental factors
- Ability to analyse and resolve problems in a systematic way
- Ability to identify and clarify users’ real needs
- Ability to interpret business requirements and make recommendations
- Skilled proficiency in the use of Adobe Products
- Ability to interact with users at all levels
- Strong admin skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Personal Attributes required for this Job
- Team player
- Naturally pro-active
- Displays initiative
- Attention to detail –“right first time!”
Job specific requirements
- Requires ability to work long hours
- Able to work overtime at short notice
- Must have own transport that is reliable for long distances
- Must be adaptable to “short notice” changes